Drug Czar's Office Lies About New Hampshire Pot Proposal

PFlynn

It took less than one week for the White House to begin publicly lying about New Hampshire House Bill 1623, which seeks to make the possession of up to one-quarter ounce of pot a fine-only offense.

In a factually and grammatically challenged press release, Deputy Drug Czar Scott Burns alleged that the proposal – which passed the House last week by a 193 to 141 margin – would decriminalize the "manufacturing" and "distributing" of "over 90 marijuana joints."

Okay, aside from the fact that the measure applies to possession offenses only, one has to ask, what is up with the White House calculators? If one-quarter ounce of pot equals roughly seven grams, and if one joint contains roughly one gram of marijuana, then what the Hell does the Drug Czar's office think is in the other 83+ joints?

Of course, regardless of whether it's the Deputy Drug Czar Scott Burns, White House Drug Czar John Walters, or UN Drug Czar Antonio Maria Costa, there's not a Drug Czar alive who can't help but lie about marijuana.

Source: Normal.com
Copyright: 2008 Normal

Here is the press release. I guess when it was said that New Hampshire was decriminalizing up to a quarter ounce Burns heard an ounce and a quarter, how that still equals 90 joints I don't know.
(Washington, D.C.) – Today, Scott M. Burns, Deputy Director for the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), made the following statement regarding marijuana decriminalization legislation, which is currently being debated in New Hampshire.

"Decriminalizing the illegal and highly addictive drug – marijuana – sends the wrong message to New Hampshire's youth, students, parents, public health officials, and the law-enforcement community.

"The supporters of decriminalizing marijuana are fooling themselves if they believe the manufacturing, possession, and/or distribution of 1.25 ounces or – over 90 marijuana joints – is good public policy.

"Decriminalizing marijuana – the drug which sends the most of America's youth into substance abuse treatment and recovery – is a dangerous first step towards complete drug legalization. In fact, marijuana sends the highest percentage of New Hampshire residents into drug treatment than any other illicit drug.

"The last thing New Hampshire need is more drugs, drug users, and drug dealers on their streets and communities – further straining limited law enforcement manpower and resources.

I strongly urge responsible leaders in New Hampshire to stop any effort to decriminalize or legalize the highly addictive drug marijuana."

Another blantant liar in public service. Take him out back and get it over with. Why won't the media call this guy on his lies? Because they are in deep with these liars, almost as deep as the government liars themselves. I still think that media needs to be held liable for false information. Even if the governement tells them what to print, they should refuse, or just print- Ha ha ha ha ah ha ha ha ha ha under the column. :)

Back
Top Bottom