Drug tests that are not sent to a lab: Can they tell if you're dilute?

SimbaKhan

420 Member
Hello, I haven't smoked for about 21 days but my at home drug tests are still not giving me a very confident pass feeling.... (barely visible line if at all) If I dilute by drinking tons of water it is a bit darker of a line. I am advancing at my job and will likely have to take a drug test in the next 1-3 weeks... (not entirely sure). The tests they do however, are not sent off to a lab or anything, just one of those pee in the cup and see if the lines show up sort of thing... Can This style of test tell if it is diluted?
Thanks for information!

Agree you should pass by test time. Whether they can tell if your urine is dilute depends on your employers specific procedure. I worked at a place that used the similar type of test, they split the sample, if the urine looked "light" (dilute) they'd do a specific gravity test, while that wouldn't disqualify you, they would make you wait until you gave a more concentrated sample. If you got a positive test it then went to a lab for confirmation that you exceeded "threshold" level. Botom line, I quit for almost 30 years, wasn't worth losing a gravy job and pension.

Back
Top Bottom