Dry winter air. How do you increase humidity? Powerful DIY Humidifier?

HaHend

Hi,

right now the winter air is very dry here. Around 20% outside of my growroom and 35% inside of my grow room.

How do you guys increase the humidity? I already placed all of my dishes and cups with a bit of water in my grow room.

I am also placing wet towels on my aircooled hoods.

I am now thinking about building a humidifier with a humidistat and several ultrasonic foggers as I read these small foggers you can buy are not enough for a grow room.

How many ultrasonic foggers do you use, what are the specs (ml/h) and how large is your grow room.

Thought about building something like this albeit with 5 and not 10 heads:

Swiftlet Farming - YenYen: Taiwan Humidifier Or Ultrasonic Humidifier?

Swiftlet Farming: Million Dollars A Year Income Potential.: The New Ultrasonic Mist Making Machine !!!

Swiftlet Farming: Secrets of Successful Swiftlets Farm: Assembly of DIY Ultrsonic Humidifier

How big is your grow room. I am a expert in making humidity. I own a cigar shop with a 20' x 28' room at 70%. My grow room is set up with a humidifier to keep my grow room where I want it. Post you room size info and how much humidity would you like to have. almost forgot What temp does your room stay at the most. If you have a room like a 10'x10' or smaller you can go buy a humidifier at walmart cheep and it will have controls to keep where you want. If bigger or you want better I can send you links for what I buy but the cost about 300 or so. if your room is at good temp do not buy a humidifier that heats the water. Remember when you add humidity you will make room hotter and you need to be very careful under flower not to start mold. Oh also you do not want a humidifier that blows water. that will get your plants light burn and could blow up your light bulb's. Trion 707U Humidifier, Trion 707 Humidifer, Humidifier for Walk-In Humidor, Cigar Room Humidifier, Walk-In Humidor, Walk-In Humidor Humidifier, Smokeshop Humidifier, Smoke shop humidifier, Cigar here's a good one for a small grow room honeywell cool moisture Honeywell HCM-890B Humidifier, Cool Moisture Humidifier, Honeywell Humidifier, Personal Humidifier

Crock pot cooking, Disconnect the dryer hose and dry a blanket.

How big is your grow room. I am a expert in making humidity. I own a cigar shop with a 20' x 28' room at 70%. My grow room is set up with a humidifier to keep my grow room where I want it. Post you room size info and how much humidity would you like to have. almost forgot What temp does your room stay at the most. If you have a room like a 10'x10' or smaller you can go buy a humidifier at walmart cheep and it will have controls to keep where you want. If bigger or you want better I can send you links for what I buy but the cost about 300 or so. if your room is at good temp do not buy a humidifier that heats the water. Remember when you add humidity you will make room hotter and you need to be very careful under flower not to start mold. Oh also you do not want a humidifier that blows water. that will get your plants light burn and could blow up your light bulb's. Trion 707U Humidifier, Trion 707 Humidifer, Humidifier for Walk-In Humidor, Cigar Room Humidifier, Walk-In Humidor, Walk-In Humidor Humidifier, Smokeshop Humidifier, Smoke shop humidifier, Cigar here's a good one for a small grow room honeywell cool moisture Honeywell HCM-890B Humidifier, Cool Moisture Humidifier, Honeywell Humidifier, Personal Humidifier

Thanks for this detailed reply! Appreciate your help. My growroom is 13x13x9 ft and currently the air is getting exchanged at around 10 times per hour. Temperatures are 21° C during night, 25° C during day at canopy level, and around 22° during day in the room. The humidifier which I can buy locally are ultrasonic ones with an integraed humidistat and they dispense around 200-300ml/h. Do you think that two of these would be enough? I am uncertain as I think that the moisture will just get sucked out by my inline fan. Hence my thinking of going large.

From my experience, I would rather water the plants more often than spend money on a humidifier. Low humidity doesn't cause problems the way high humidity does. Why spend money on unnessisary equipment, electricity and all these other things when another solution is to simply water your plants more often as needed? I've used humidifiers in the past but I simply don't think they have a real need for these circumstances. It was something I did as an unexperienced/novice grower who was obsessed with keeping my environment within "ideal" ranges.

In short, high humidity is a problem of concern, low humidity is not. That's my opinion anyhow.

CO2 you are the man. It only makes sense that someone who cares for humidity in his cigar room would have the answer that I was looking for.

I have a very small home made grow cabinet for my AG. With an area of no more than 5 sqft. My temp stays between 80-85 degrees but the humidity is in the 27-35% range. It only hit 40 when I first turned on my fans.

Anyone with suggestions? I will be going to get one of the personal humidifiers above.

Thank you very much.

Man i've learned a lot from you with your videos, posts, journals so thanks for sharing the knowledge. My concern about my grow tent (4*4 btw)is that i have a 94 cfm fan that sucks the air out constantly and a mars 2 1200 is working inside the hmidifiers here are generally 300ml/h ultras, do you think it will be enough or will my fan just suck all the water molecules as my humidifier output is much little compared to my fan exhaust rate.

Back
Top Bottom