DT Detox Drinks

Daveyboy79

I recently had a DT for pre-employment screening and leading up to and post test I frequented this board and others to gather information but mainly attempt to put my mind at ease.

So after my experience I wanted to give something back to the community, at least relay my experience in the hopes that it could hold at bay someone's anxiety.

A little about me:

Height: 5'9''
Weight: 205
Frequency of use: daily (2 to 3 bowls); roughly 2 grams a week, several years
Potency: 8% to 14% THC
Metabolism: good
Workout: Yes (daily 1 to 2 miles for a couple of months before stopping)
Current date: 7/19/2013

In March 2013 I started to work out regularly to get back into shape. So I started to run, have a tread mill, 1 to 2 miles a day 5 to 6 times a week. I worked for a startup company that hit tough times and my role was terminated back in May 2013. I stopped smoking the second week of May, 1 - because I needed to start a job hunt and 2 - it was out of budget after I was laid off.

Fast forward to July 12, 2013 - I had gone through a rigorous hiring process with an organization that has several government contracts and was offered. Didn't realize it at the time I would need to take a DT as part of the background check process. I wanted to celebrate after a grueling process and since I stopped smoking the only thing available to me was what I had left in bowls - yes resin. So I scraped what I had into a marble sized ball and smoked it Friday and Saturday. Then on Sunday I scraped a little more from another bowl and smoked that Sunday. Low and behold on Monday I receive an email that I need to provide information for a background check and also provide a urine sample for a pre employment DT at Labcorp.

Well I was extremely nervous and quickly scanned the internet in search of hope. I stopped caffeine intake and tried to avoid heavy meals and started running a mile a day and get some general exercise - at least an hours worth, starting on Monday. I also drank a gallon of water on Tuesday, I was targeting taking the DT on Wed if I could. I had up to Friday to take the DT. On Tuesday I bought a home DT and xxclean (for those over 200lbs). I received an email Wed. morning from my prospective employer asking if I had taken the DT, I knew any delay would cause the company to draw some conclusions that I didn't want.

So Wed morning, I used my first urination with the at home test. The test showed a bold line at 'C' and a faint line at 'T' indicating a false result or a 'pass'. The faint line, was dark enough to see so on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being as bold as the 'C' line it was a 2.5. I targeted taking the DT between 2 and 3. I drank a couple of glasses of water in the morning and didn't eat a thing. I also ran a mile and a half on my tread mill. At noon I shook the bottle rigorously took the drink, drank it in 5 minutes and set a timer for 15 minutes. Once I hit the 15 minute mark I filled the bottle with water shook it and drank it down within 5 minutes. After drinking the drink I ran another half mile to get blood flowing, hoping it could help add color to my urine.

I urinated 4 times before leaving my house to take the DT. I noticed on the 4th urination it was still very clear and I was nervous about it. I stopped off at the local grocery store and bought vitamin B complex - grocery store brand, nothing special and a 16 oz bottle of water. I drank enough water to wash down one pill.

By 1:45 I had gotten within 5 minutes of the Labcorp center and stopped to urinate again, had to badly. I noticed the color was still not very yellow but slightly yellow. At this point it was approaching 2pm and I just wanted to get it over with so I made my way to the center.

At about 2:20 I completed the DT. When I got there the physician asked for my form the company emailed to me. I presented it along with a photo ID (drivers license) and once I was called I was sent to a backroom where I emptied my pockets and placed all contents in a box with a key lock. I was told to hold onto the key and make my way to the bathroom. I was also given the urinal cup, physician marked off where I needed to fill the cup to. I made my way to the bathroom, everything was taped and the toilet water was blue, I was instructed to fill the cup and not flush or wash hands and given 4 minutes to complete the DT.

Luckily I was able to urinate within two minutes. I handed the sample back to the physician who then had me sign 3 forms and on each initialed the sample met the temp requirements. He then poured the sample into a test tube for shipping to the lab and I was done. I gathered my things from the lock box and left with a copy of the form he gave me.

Post DT, after 24 hours I didn't hear anything from the lab so I thought I was safe. I had the comfort of knowing I passed the test with first urine of the day on the day of the test however that didn't stop me from worrying all day long. I filled the day with various activities to keep my mind off of things. I certainly didn't want to contact the lab or employer to raise suspicion, I would strongly advise against such methods. That was Thursday, on Friday mid morning about 11am I received a call from the prospective employer stating everything was in order and I could start on Monday.

Lessons - if you are going to drink a drink, its not a detox its a mask. So don't dilute to raise suspicion, follow instructions to the T. I have read people drinking more water after initially filling the bottle with water, this may tamper the specimen. Also working out regularly will help burn off the THC, so if you know a DT is in the future run and do something active that will make you sweat. Be active daily for at least an hour. Finally to give some peace of mind and to help stack the odds in your favor take a home test on the morning of the DT with your first urination. Although this may not be the final say on your status it will give you at least a measuring stick on where you are at. I have read in forums like these people taking the home test passing and then failing the DT, you must use your first urination as the sample and also consider typical tests test at 50ng but could go lower to 15ng. The at home test as I understand it is at 50ng. Also finally, post test, do not and I repeat do not contact the lab or employer about the test results because it will garner suspicion. The assumption is you don't use, so you want to act like you will pass. And if you pass at 50ng and they suspect something they can look further.

However the best methodology it to simply stop smoking altogether when you know you may have a DT to take. I know some people will say well that's not really good advice or that's just not practical. I consider myself very very lucky as I really needed this job. Don't risk it, be smart and stay safe.

Its also best to stop exercising 3 days prior to the test. Exercise burns off thc laden fat cells which then enter the urine stream at increased levels.

Back
Top Bottom