Duct routing.. is this viable?

Homebrew420

A quick question to see if anyone has tried it.

I was going to finalize my duct routing as in this top view picture (excuse the poor drawing). All of this is roughly 5-6' off the floor horizontal except from the silencer to the window where it drops 1'
Screenshot_20240501_150322_Samsung Notes.jpg

My spur of the moment idea was to route it this way : out the floor (there is a 3" deep void, approx 2' wide that the air would escape from under the building) this way it would mask some of the noise further but I'm not sure how efficient this would be pushing warm air down.. any views or anyone tried it?

Thanks.
Screenshot_20240501_150623_Samsung Notes.jpg

My spur of the moment idea was to route it this way : out the floor (there is a 3" deep void, approx 2' wide that the air would escape from under the building) this way it would mask some of the noise further but I'm not sure how efficient this would be pushing warm air down.. any views or anyone tried it?

Thanks.
Warm  moist air. Good for creating conditions for mold that you then can't access to clean. Probably best to go straight out the window.

It's a wood shed, I didn't think of the moisture as Azimuth mentioned.. I don't want to cause the floor to rot out over time.
Kind of what I was thinking since houses have 6 inches to 3 feet space underneath the floor joists unless sitting directly on a concrete slab. Most areas have sheds sitting on concrete with at least 3 inches for the floor joists.

I figure that Azimuth's concern was that warm and moist air is a combination that can cause molds and mildews to grow on the plant.

Is the fan and duct-work making that much noise that it is noticeable by the neighbors or anyone coming to the house?

I figure that Azimuth's concern was that warm and moist air is a combination that can cause molds and mildews to grow on the plant.
More that the warm, moist air would encourage mold under the building in spots that can't easily be accessed.

Is the fan and duct-work making that much noise that it is noticeable by the neighbors or anyone coming to the house?
No its not, it's just an idea I had cooked up thinking of possible routes out. 👍

Whilst on the subject of duct routing, at the moment I have the inlet fan drawing from the other side of the window, blowing into the room that the tent is in.. effectively trying to cool the whole lot, room and tent.. as the external influence of heat is going to continue to ramp up to the height of summer, am I better routing it directly into the tent to just cool that, and let the room the tent is in get warm?

Whilst on the subject of duct routing, at the moment I have the inlet fan drawing from the other side of the window, blowing into the room that the tent is in.. effectively trying to cool the whole lot, room and tent..
Good.

....as the external influence of heat is going to continue to ramp up to the height of summer, am I better routing it directly into the tent to just cool that, and let the room the tent is in get warm?
Better to try to control the room temperatures and humidity as much as possible. That will make it easier to control the tent.

Do not know where you are but here in the lower peninsula of Michigan it can get unbearably hot in a shed or garage in July through the middle of September unless the doors and windows are open.

Anyway, control the room and it will be easier to control the tent. Plus it will avoid the rapid swings that could take place in the tent.

Thanks, I'll keep doing what I'm doing then 👍
I remember the shed I'm growing in being unbearable hot last year, but it's partitioned in 2 now, grow side has insulated sides, bubble foil below the roof with an air gap and a fire door with seals on the edges.. Here's hoping!

Back
Top Bottom