Dutch Passion, Glueberry OG, Flower Day 10

Scrogfather

420 Member
This is my scrogged Glueberry at half way through week 2 flowering

20190123_215031.jpg

Not that many pics of this strain on the net so thought I'd share :cool:

Very very nice. I just got 5 glueberry from The Attitude. How many plants? How long in veg?
Hi mate. 4 plants here and veg for 35 days

You will be impressed with the Glueberry seeds nice vigorous growth and fast growing, few different phenos mind you so may need to Tailor different nute regimes for different phenos

Thanks for your reply. I also typically veg for 35 to 45 days. Did you top your plants? I am looking forward to the glueberry! As mentioned I received 5 glueberry that I will be popping this evening along with one each of white widow, sour diesel, ghost train haze, Girl Scout cookies, super lemon haze, and 3 blue dreams. I run my plants with ocean forest. All organic as I enjoy the taste from organic as well as it’s very forgiving- for me anyway. Your plants look amazing. Looking forward to your updates!

I just went back and took another look at your pictures. Actually very amazing for 4 plants. Outstanding!
What kind of lights? How many lights? I’m running an HLGV2 550 and 2 - 300 electric sunshine’s and 1 HPS 1000wt for 12 plants.

Thanks for your reply. I also typically veg for 35 to 45 days. Did you top your plants? I am looking forward to the glueberry! As mentioned I received 5 glueberry that I will be popping this evening along with one each of white widow, sour diesel, ghost train haze, Girl Scout cookies, super lemon haze, and 3 blue dreams. I run my plants with ocean forest. All organic as I enjoy the taste from organic as well as it’s very forgiving- for me anyway. Your plants look amazing. Looking forward to your updates!
Sounds like you have some good strains in the mix there and never really tried organics but might give it a go one day

I just went back and took another look at your pictures. Actually very amazing for 4 plants. Outstanding!
What kind of lights? How many lights? I’m running an HLGV2 550 and 2 - 300 electric sunshine’s and 1 HPS 1000wt for 12 plants.

So I vegged with 4 X 600w MH but had them on overdrive at 660w each

Then for flower I've switched to 4 X 600w "full" spectrum HPS BUT again got them on overdrive at 660w each

And what's the first lights of yours led?

Finally here are some photos from day 33 / end of week 4

As you can see I over fed them! Only for a couple of days though but I was getting PH swings and I think that locked out some of the nutes hence the yellowing on the leaves

Anyway fresh set of nutes in now and I've brought the ec down from 1.7 to about 1.1 which they seem to be enjoying As the ph is nice and stable again

And another thing to note is that one of the plants is showing a better pheno than the rest as the buds are considerably larger (will get comparison shots in next time)

Very nice. Seems when running several of the same kind there is always 1 or 2 Phenos that stand out. I’ll look forward to your pictures. The first light HLG550V2 is very similar to a 1000wt HPS however covers a little larger area along with virtually no heat and only draws 550 actual wts. I love the no heat part and lower electric bills. The 2 Electric Sunshine 300’s Are also similar to a 1000wt HPS but no heat and draw 600wts instead of 1000wts. I’ve never tried hydro before as I guess I’m old and love soil! I do know a fair amount about hydro and understand all the benefits. Sometimes I do consider switching from soil to hydro because of the benefits of hydro - accelerated growth, cost, ease of no soil... but as said I guess I’m still old school.

Very nice. Seems when running several of the same kind there is always 1 or 2 Phenos that stand out. I’ll look forward to your pictures. The first light HLG550V2 is very similar to a 1000wt HPS however covers a little larger area along with virtually no heat and only draws 550 actual wts. I love the no heat part and lower electric bills. The 2 Electric Sunshine 300’s Are also similar to a 1000wt HPS but no heat and draw 600wts instead of 1000wts. I’ve never tried hydro before as I guess I’m old and love soil! I do know a fair amount about hydro and understand all the benefits. Sometimes I do consider switching from soil to hydro because of the benefits of hydro - accelerated growth, cost, ease of no soil... but as said I guess I’m still old school.
Yeah next time I'll be taking a few cuts and just doing clones from here on out to stop the variations as when scogging I like plant growth as even as possible

And the lights sound good, I've heared that you get better terps and resin with Led's?

As for the hydro, I don't think I'll ever go back to soil just for the fact that I'll not have to be worrying about run off or the watering schedules to worry about, plus it's so quite easy to make adjustments to the nutes with a near instant effect

Start of week 7

As you can see they are a little deficient but I'd put this down to overfeeding and locking out other nutes,

To solve I'd have them ph'd water for 2 days and now given them a weaker mix of nutes down from about 1000ppm to 500ppm

Gonna let them run 9 weeks but if anyone has any suggestions on the deficiency it would be greatly appreciated

Looks to me like your killing it. Really really nice. Please do a photo shoot of harvest if you will along with a weigh in! With your set up and experience I can clearly see the advantages of hydro. You said you veg for 35 days. Does that include the time from when they popped up above ground or was there additional time envolved? Also did you top your plants? Looking forward to additional photos.

Looks to me like your killing it. Really really nice. Please do a photo shoot of harvest if you will along with a weigh in! With your set up and experience I can clearly see the advantages of hydro. You said you veg for 35 days. Does that include the time from when they popped up above ground or was there additional time envolved? Also did you top your plants? Looking forward to additional photos.
Cheers mate I guess im always my own worst critic lol, going to try swapping up the nutes for the next run and start using general hydroponics.

And of course I will, can't see there being too much weight to be fair but hopefully I'll be surprised and no I'll always class veg from seeing the first set of nodes and the full finger leaves so this time it was a couple of weeks of growth then classed as veg

I've grown this strain 4 times now and it's great. There are indeed two obvious phenotypes as you say:

• Pheno 1: yields are average, buds take longer to develop, are not rock hard and doesn't have many red pistils. Buds have a greyish blue tint to them and are more on the 'glue' side.

• Pheno 2: yields are big, buds develop very quickly, turn rock hard and have an abundance of red pistils. Buds are dark green which contrast with the pistils and is more 'berry x OG'.

Both are great but Pheno 2 is my favourite in all aspects, so much so that I have phased Pheno 2 out completely in the current run. Pheno 1 has weaker branches, yields less, develops slower and is generally not as robust as Pheno 2. The only area it may have the edge is taste and smell but it's highly subjective and is only a tiny margin if any at all. Pheno 1 is earthy with a chemically glue smell, Pheno 2 is much more fruity.

I'm onto my third run now and am currently 20 days in flower; they look fantastic. I have my cuts in coco and vegging up nicely for run 4. My last two runs netted me .98gpw and .94gpw respectively under a Fluence Spydr X Plus. The light is brilliant but I credit the strain with the above average results also.

Back
Top Bottom