DWC Bucket questions.

MindzEye

This is my first attempt at hydro and I just need to know some things before I go shopping....

1. I have a dual outlet air pump that is 5500 cc/m is this enough for 3, 5 gallon buckets if I hook my pump up to a gang valve?

2. What PPM range should a clone be started in 400-500? Im using GH Nova, cal-mag, flouralicious plus, florablend..

3. Is it better to use 1 long airstone or use a T on the line and use 2 smaller air stones?

I have just one question..

How many plants??

If its just one then your golden. I used am optima by halgen fish tank pump thats 5000 and that cranked out some air.

Straight water until you have some good roots going then add the nutes.

One stone on 1 plant is cool and a good rule of thumb. I used a 6" disk from pets mart on that optima and i grew a nice single plant

Hope it helps, ive tried alot of diferent dwc setups so if you need anything let me know.

the amount of air depends on two factors. the volume of water and the amount of plants your have.
i have always used dwc and my rule of thumb is you can never get enough air.

yeah you can never have enough air. i have a 5 gal bucket with 2 60gph air pumps. one feeds 2 5 inch air stones and the other feeds a 5 inch bubble disk.the nutes question. i have found out that once the roots hit the water its better to start low like 200ppm and work your way up from there depending on how the plant reacts. hope this helped.

Back
Top Bottom