DWC net pot size

Good morning,

After some hesitation I have finally decided to take the plunge and start my 1st DWC and give it a try. I have decided to start small, just 1 bucket to start and go from there. I will be building my own, a very simple design but the only thing I am not sure about is net pot size to use. I see people on the net using everything from very small net pots to ones which fill the bucket cover. My question is this.....

Is there an advantage to the larger net pot sizes and if so what is that advantage? Or is the medium sized the better choice to go.

I will be picking everything up to assemble it today though I will hold off on the net pot until I am sure I am getting the right size for what I want to do.

Thanks for your input in advance and keep it green:green_heart:

I use the 3 inch net pots and they work just fine for me. I was worried that they wouldnt be able to hold the plant steady but they are solid as a rock. I was actually looking at the bucket lids that have the net pot built in but figured if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Good luck on your dwc venture. I love it and dont think i will ever switch back to soil indoors.

I used a 3inch cup from the start in a aeroponics style bucket set up that i made myself. Then transplanted into a 5gallon bucket DWC with the 6 inch net pot molded into to lid style.
After doing this im not so sure that the size really matters here. These plants are in 3 inch cups inside a 6 inch cup.
As you can see how the roots come out the bottom i dont think the transplant made any difference
IMG_20160131_084812009.jpg

IMG_20160131_084806273.jpg

IMG_20160131_084725668.jpg

IMG_20160131_084709851.jpg

This is how they started
fam11.JPG

Good morning,

After some hesitation I have finally decided to take the plunge and start my 1st DWC and give it a try. I have decided to start small, just 1 bucket to start and go from there. I will be building my own, a very simple design but the only thing I am not sure about is net pot size to use. I see people on the net using everything from very small net pots to ones which fill the bucket cover. My question is this.....

Is there an advantage to the larger net pot sizes and if so what is that advantage? Or is the medium sized the better choice to go.

I will be picking everything up to assemble it today though I will hold off on the net pot until I am sure I am getting the right size for what I want to do.

Thanks for your input in advance and keep it green:green_heart:

I'm in the process of getting ready for a hydroponics system deep water. I read net pot size determines how much room the plant has to grow. I'm unsure myself is 6 good is 8 better 10 too big. So if you get a better response I'm anxious for the wisdom too.

Back
Top Bottom