How relevant is net pot size in a DWC hydroponic's setup?

Chlorobyte

Hey 420mag.

So, halfway through my first grow in soil I'm starting to think I'd rather set up a hydro garden. I've settled on a DWC system of my own design, however I've come to a problem that I need help with.

Since my roots are submerged in the nutrient solution and left to float, will the pot size matter much? will having six inch net pots over the ten inch versions mean smaller plants? I would just go ahead with the 10's for the hell of it, but the tote I'm using wont house four ten inch pots, but it will easily support four six inch net pots.

So, anyone have the answer? Am I better off with two plants in 10 inch nets (DWC) or four in six inch?

Thanks in advance guys.

The size does not matter for growth, just support. If you plan on big plants get big pots.

I see, so a 5 inch pot and 10 inch could grow the same size plant. However the ten inch would have a much easier time supporting the plants weight, where as I'll need to add extra support myself if I go with the smaller pots.

Going with 10 inch means I am able to produce two plants, smaller pots allows me up to four. So if my previous assumption is correct, then I'll have a bit of extra work until my final upgrade to 4x4 tent and new hydro system.

Thanks for the reply, Buck.

Back
Top Bottom