DWC water temp problems

Skanatic

Hi guys. This is my first grow. I received 8 plants that were already vegged and ready to flip to flower. So I've got them each in their own 5 gallon bucket. The problem is that the water is way too hot, like between 78-80F. The room temp is on the high side but tolerable, 77-82F. I realized that the water is getting so hot because my air pumps are getting hot and pumping hot air into the water. I'm using 2 80w 70/L pumps with large air stones, each one supplies 4 buckets.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to bring my water temp down, or pumps that don't run so hot?
Am I going overkill with the pumps, i.e. do I need ones that powerful?

I ran into the same thing you are running into with piston pumps.

I switched to GH Daul Diaphragm pumps. They pump the most air and last the longest of any diaphragm pump I have ever had.

I run four buckets off one through early veg and then two buckets off one for late veg and flower.

My buckets temps still are 75to80f and that is why I also run Hydrogaurd and z7 Water Treatment in my buckets.

Those two things opened up growing between 75and 80f for me. Without them root rot was an on going issue.

Piston pumps would drive me over 80f and that would not be a good thing.

It is a enzymatic cleanser. It works with the Hydrogaurd.

I would give up the Hyrogaurd before the z7.

But they both work better together.

They keep my buckets and cloner spotless.

Google z7 Water Treatment for more info on it.

Thanks, DukeO. I didn't even know there were diaphragm or piston pumps, I just thought an air pump was an air pump. That makes sense. I'll look more into that and probably also try some z7 and Hydroguard.

Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom