EBB & FLOW Watering frequency

gunja

Hey guys. Ive just put together an ebb & flow bucket. I was wondering the frequency of floods per day? or to be more specific if i was running an 18/6 schedule how many floods with lights on and then lights off? im figuring more floods with lights on and maybe only 1 with lights off? also flood frequency for 12/12??

Any insight would be awesome.

P.S do you need to wash hydroton before using? thanx!!

Since its flood and drain over watering is very hard to do so this is a safe recommendation I'd flood once a day early on, like the first few weeks into bloom keep the flood time short 30min. Once they start to stroke in about 3rd week in bloom I'd double time and frequency. That being said you really need to become familiar with your plants and recognize when they need feed their body language will speak volumes about their happiness. when they stand and give praise through out the entire day they have received their needs for light and water/feed. Air flow, heat, and humidity all play a roll in watering, make sure that those basic environmental issues are observed and big buds will happen...

What I do:

In veg Ebb and flow table 5x5 pots with hydroton 2hr off 20min on lights are 18/6

for 12/12 in Bloom in the Ebb and Grow 2 gallon pots with hydroton I go 30min on 3.5 hours off straight through. 6 flood cycles per day. Temps about 85 at lights on.

Every environment/ setup/ strain has different requirements. Some suggest less watering during lights off I run the same watering schedule straight through. I feel like the consistency is better for the plant. These flood schedules work A+ for me. Hope it helps

thanx guys thats helped a lot. My Tap water is unbelieveably pure ranging from 25-40ppm. I have seedlings in rockwool cubes under humidity dome at the moment and im waiting for roots to show. Im currently watering at 220ppm @ 6.2pH. Was wondering if this was low enough concentration and how soon should I start ramping up the feeding? Cheers.

thanx guys thats helped a lot. My Tap water is unbelieveably pure ranging from 25-40ppm. I have seedlings in rockwool cubes under humidity dome at the moment and im waiting for roots to show. Im currently watering at 220ppm @ 6.2pH. Was wondering if this was low enough concentration and how soon should I start ramping up the feeding? Cheers.

Keep it low until you have a couple full nodes then read the plant. If it looks ok up a little bit and observe.

thanx again buddy! I used to find it so easy to raise a seedling in soil. Now I have a little knowledge i seem to find it a bit harder. With last batch we had a hot spell and room got around 95f so i think i cooked em. Ill stick with the 220ish ppm until they grow a little. Has been 6 days since they popped their heads above ground and the first true leaves are showing but they are still very small - I was hoping growth might be a little faster but I guess I still dont have a true feel for the growing process yet.

Back
Top Bottom