Eurogrower manifold fix for 20$

Charon187

Hey people's,
though this might help some people who may have had a problem with the Eurogrower manifold leaking. The unit that comes with the system is just cheap as hell and yeah you could just replace the .500 supply line for 2$ and repair it again in a few days or you can try this cheap easy fix that will last and no more leaks.

Tools needed.
1.PVC pipe cutting tool or hacksaw
2. channel locks (big pliers)
3.Hands.

Parts
1. roll of pvc thread tape
2. (2) 1/2" threaded T's
3. (1) 1/2" threaded male plug
4. (5) 16" black pvc sprinkler risers
5. (3) 1/2" threaded couplings
6. (1) 1/2" male to female threaded 90 elbow
7. (2) 1/2" 4 1/8" manifolds
8. (2) 1/2" x 6" threaded pvc nipples

This first pic is the two manifolds. ( i removed one of the drain rails so it shows better) the new one is on top.

the new manifold is already connected to the pump below using a 1/2" coupling to a 1/2"x6" nipple to another 1/2"coupling to the male end of the 90 elbow. you can see the top of the elbow connecting to the second 6" nipple. then it connects to one of the T's and then the funny looking riser pipe.
then another coupling and another riser pipe cut down to length before it hits the other T and terminates. both T's go up above the top of the grow buckets and terminate into the 4 x 1/8" manifolds

rsz_dsc01517.jpg

The reason i used the 1/2" sprinkler riser pipe is two fold, first its only .67 cents a piece (cheaper than the 6" nipples) and second that after 8" it has 1" sections so you can easily cut it to length and not hurt the threads.
i know it doesnt look pretty but i want cheap and leakproof. i could care less how aestetically pleasing it is.

the second pic is of the the first T it shows clearly what the riser pipe looks like.

rsz_1dsc01519.jpg

The third pic is of the last T where it terminates with a 1/2" male plug and goes up into another riser pipe

rsz_dsc01520.jpg

the last image is one of the 4 head manifolds. the great thing is that you just remove the 1/8" inch line off of you old manifold complete with dripper heads and re-use them on the new manifolds saving you more $.

rsz_dsc01518.jpg

i hope that someone gets some use out of my fix, just trying to give some love back!

Cheers!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom