Exhausted heart after smoking

jynwey

My heart often pounds out of my chest and the vibrations are felt throughout my body. I've been told many times that it was just my imagination. That I was just experiencing really strong body highs. Usually the day after smoking, when I'm still sobering up, my heart feels sore and worn (I'm usually also very sweaty at this time). Nothing unbearable, but definitely something I take notice to. I know there must be someway of relaxing myself when high to the point where I can regain a normal heart rate, but I become very involved in the moment. Habit of thought, I think.

Anyway, I believe I might have heart problems (outside of Marijuana use). At any given time, I have shooting pains from my heart to the under of my left wrist. I really should go to get the rest of that physical done... I had an uncle who died from a heart attack right around my age from going all out on a trampoline. Next month, I hit 21.

Eager to hear of any similar stories if any of you have them. Any kind of response, really.

:bongrip:

You can't tell when there's a slight defect in a heart valve without the proper diagnosis. I hope you have some insurance coverage as they will want to run 2 or 3 different tests on you. I had a heart attack and a stroke last yr. and it's better to err on the cautious side, if you don't have coverage they'll run the tests anyway and bill you...... best of luck

Marijuana is a stimulant, at least its physiological effects are. For most people, the increased heart rate isn't a problem, for some people who are overly sensitive it is a problem.

What scares me about your situation is that you feel pain the day after, which is a bad sign. I'd go with your instincts and get your heart checked out. I'd also stop smoking for the time being.

jynwey said:
My heart often pounds out of my chest and the vibrations are felt throughout my body. I've been told many times that it was just my imagination. That I was just experiencing really strong body highs. Usually the day after smoking, when I'm still sobering up, my heart feels sore and worn (I'm usually also very sweaty at this time). Nothing unbearable, but definitely something I take notice to. I know there must be someway of relaxing myself when high to the point where I can regain a normal heart rate, but I become very involved in the moment. Habit of thought, I think.

Anyway, I believe I might have heart problems (outside of Marijuana use). At any given time, I have shooting pains from my heart to the under of my left wrist. I really should go to get the rest of that physical done... I had an uncle who died from a heart attack right around my age from going all out on a trampoline. Next month, I hit 21.

Eager to hear of any similar stories if any of you have them. Any kind of response, really.

:bongrip:

Do try to switch to edibles, I experienced heart palpitations three months ago and also weight loss. It is true that cannabis is a stimulant, but with the symptoms you described, these are most probably effects of smoking on the lungs. I've been smoking cannabis for more than 15 years now, and I was surprised to that I got that tired feeling, insomnis and heart palpitations. What I did, was I stopped smoking for a month, then I switched to edibles. Now, I'm back in tip top shape, gained the weight I lost and my heart palpitations stopped. I'm now into cannabutter and firecrackers, surprisingly they come out to be efficient, since the highs are quite long. I really think its all that smoke that gets into our lungs that's causing all this. I've heard some good feedback on vapes, though I haven't tried one yet, since there's none here in P.I., vapes would be a good alternative coupled with edibles. Hope this helps.

The heart is nothing to joke around about. I would go see a doctor and get some stress echo tests done.

I had open heart surgery to replace a leaky aortic valve last year. I'm 19 now.

Yes, I can still smoke bud after I had my surgery, I talked to my doctor.

I hope everything goes alright. Best of luck.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or just post them in this thread.

:icon_cool

_qWERTY said:
The heart is nothing to joke around about. I would go see a doctor and get some stress echo tests done.

I had open heart surgery to replace a leaky aortic valve last year. I'm 19 now.

Yes, I can still smoke bud after I had my surgery, I talked to my doctor.

I hope everything goes alright. Best of luck.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me or just post them in this thread.

:icon_cool

I'll make an appointment with my doc. You're right. This isn't a joke. I'm just afraid of what they'll find. If they can extend my life for a couple handfuls of years, then it's worth it, I think.

I have the same kinda feeling in my body but mine happens anytime I smoke, also whenever I excercise I feel pounding throughout my whole body, I never noticed until a couple months ago when I believe it started, anyone experience the same? or have any Idea if it could be a problem?

I have the same kinda feeling in my body but mine happens anytime I smoke, also whenever I excercise I feel pounding throughout my whole body, I never noticed until a couple months ago when I believe it started, anyone experience the same? or have any Idea if it could be a problem?

Is there a youth clinic that you could visit, to speak with a doctor about your symptoms?

I have finally talked myself into going tommorow to talk to a doctor about it and see if there is anything to be worried about, I heard of similar symptoms in athletes, called "athletes heart" basically the walls of the heart thicken because of alot of excercise....I play basketball all the time and I am hoping that isnt the cause, if it is I guess there are things to take that can stop the thickening of the heart walls.

I have finally talked myself into going tommorow to talk to a doctor about it and see if there is anything to be worried about, I heard of similar symptoms in athletes, called "athletes heart" basically the walls of the heart thicken because of alot of excercise....I play basketball all the time and I am hoping that isnt the cause, if it is I guess there are things to take that can stop the thickening of the heart walls.

Good for you, I hope everything goes alright. :smokin:

thanks man, so what made you think that something was wrong? What kind of symptoms did you have?

Some of you may have read my other posting about my friend that has nearly the same problem, mine is a little different then his, he has not only the pounding heart but he sweats and is in great discomfort when he smokes. He quit smoking because of this, mine is much much more bearable, more discomfort then pain and no sweating....anyways we both decided to go to the clinic today and have found out that we both have heart palpatations, his are more severe as we already knew it would be and he was given a prescription, I have picked up an over the counter and lower Mg pill that should relieve the discomfort, we both have to drink more water and cut down on our caffein intake, im glad it wasnt anything serious. I was informed that something like 40% of people have it and is genetic ( my mom has it as well ) thanks for the support guys !! bout to load up a bowl in celebration! my doctor also informed me that its ok to smoke as long as the symptoms dont get worse and are not accompanied by light headedness or fainting, I told her I was more worried about passing out due to the fact that I cant smoke, she said I better smoke she wouldnt want anyone passing out while in her care hahahahah needless to say I like her and she is now going to be my personal doctor! SMOKE ON!

Back
Top Bottom