Expert Opinion Required - DWC - Grand Heft Auto

Zero2Hero

Dear Fellow Growers.

I hope you all are well.

Once again, im here to ask for help to identify and solve my current problem. Im hoping you can shed some light (lame pun intended) on my current grow. Which happens to be my FIRST Grow... so please be patient with this NOOB!.... hmm.. GROOBIE?

First a little bit of background. This is a Single plant, 5 Gallon, DWC Setup.. I have 3 Air stones running, and using GH Flora Nutes. Using GH Flora Simple Drain to Waste Schedule, I am using 50% of recommended Nute Doses. Using a Platinum LED 300w Light with a 18/6 Schedule. About a foot away. from he Plant. I was sidelighting the grow with about 100w of CFL (Blue Spectrum) from the each side, as i could see the leaves growing in the shade. and i just wanted to give them some light. They grew a little, but i had some issues with heat, so i had to discontinue the side lighting. I have to figure out a better way to light without damaging the plants. Have to be careful since CFLs need to be close to the plant.

I started this grow about a month and half back . Had a lot of issues in between. Like Heat Stress, Damaged leaves, Once i even broke a big ass root while i was taking the airstone out to be cleaned. Had a couple of issues with power failures, maybe a little root rot. but.. i kept on Fixing the isses by managing light distances, using Great White.. Arranging air pump power backup.. adjusting/adding fans etc.

While the Plant was growing, i kept the light fairly close to the plant. First 2 weeks on CFL, The next 3 weeks under the Platinum (Veg). The plants were not growing in height.. so i did some research and discovered that plants need the red spectrum to gain some height, so TWO days ago i turned on the Bloom switch on the Light, and moved the light away a bit to counteract any potential heat issues.

So... now..

The Height issue remains.... There is a lot of growth under the top leaves, and im trying my best to get the light under there. Since the plant is so small.. and the branches are not long, i havent been able to do much LST.

Today, i noticed something else. The marked areas on the pictures. The question is... Has the plant gone into flowering?.. If it has... should i switch to Flowering nutes ? What about the height? Is there any way to increase the height so i can use LST? Since the plant has already in its advanced stage.. will it gain some height?
Any suggestion would be helpful on what should be done next..

Pictures Below.

Thank You !!

Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-55-33-1024x1820.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-55-07-1024x1820.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-56-31-1024x1820.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-57-26-1024x1820.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-59-22-1024x1820.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-59-06-1024x1820.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-15-14-00-08-1024x1820.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-58-26-1024x1820.jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-15-13-56-48-1024x1820.jpg

Re: Expert Opinion Required. DWC, Grand Heft Auto

It looks good, be patient, what you are seeing is new nodes that will become a branch/flower. Your plant is in the root building mode, the more roots it grows the bigger and faster it will grow. If you are a month and a half out of seed, you have about another month of veg depending on the size of your tent. Continue what you are doing, don't get fancy, don't worry too much about topping or LST yet.

Re: Expert Opinion Required. DWC, Grand Heft Auto

Agreed with everything. (Well said BudKing) :thumb:

Sounds & looks like you're learning the ropes like any other beginner, but you're still swinging strong. :goodjob: and keep it up.. Just have a bit more patience and you'll be fine :Namaste:

Thank You BudKing & Kid Grow!..

I have made a lot of mistakes with this one... but have learnt so so much in the process.
Always appreciate the advice from experienced users like yourself.
Now i have another issue. It seems like i may have a Nitrogen Toxicity issue brewing, but dont know for sure yet..

Gonna do another post for that.!

Thanks again!

Zero

Back
Top Bottom