Extra darkness right before harvest? Results?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutty Panty

So I've done it in the past a few years back. Didn't notice much improvement. Has anyone else I was thinking of leaving like 8 or so in dark after I hang the other 3/4 of them. Like 2 days maybe. I'd rather just get my next ones out of veg and in but thought I might try if I heard more good news

The answer is "it depends" on the strain you are growing and if you are in/out doors. Some sativas have trouble finishing and really need the light restriction. Outdoor grows can also benefit from light restriction, because sometimes getting a fully dark night time is impossible.

Didn't really help. Thought it was clear I was talking indoor. Regular 12/12 cycle. I know other growers that swear by 2 days of total darkness before hang. Some say terpenes potency increases others say trichomes do. I personally have noticed neither increasing has anyone else?

I did it once and it was frosty, but it's always frosty. I really can't say it makes a difference.

Try it out and tell us what ya think.

400 views and no one is jumping up yet to rave about this method, I think I know where this is going... I look forward to your report DP. I wonder- if you have the time available in your room to do that- what it would be like to try longer like 5 days or something?

Oh I've contemplated 4-7 days. But now that all my Lil extra rooms are gone and I'm more production it's hard. I've personally tried 2 and saw nothing different they both even tested within a half of a percent of each other thc and tasted the same

It's hard to imagine how/why it would naturally improve potency. Taste maybe, but how does a plant sitting in the dark with no photosynthesis at work and fairly depleted levels of everything go about boosting potency? I don't know- but then there's a lot of shit I don't know lol...

Im thinking from what I've personally noticed is it may increase the terpenes profiles more but not too noticeably to tell Imo.

I defintely notice my lower buds not in direct light have more trichs. I am considering taking my plant out of direct uv light for a few days before i chop. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I defintely notice my lower buds not in direct light have more trichs. I am considering taking my plant out of direct uv light for a few days before i chop. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

I've never heard of extra DARK, but I have heard (and do) extra light.

About two weeks into flower I do 24 hrs of light, then go back to the 12 - 12. It gives a noticeable bump on weight to some genetics (Sativa dominant). It differs however. I do it because it can do no harm - and may do good. I've also done a 24 light treatment a second time about a week before harvest (during flush) but haven't noticed any difference then. But again, it does no harm.

Just what I've noticed.

~ Auggie ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom