Fanleaf's Huge 42 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

Fanleaf's Huge 42 Cree CXB3590 COB Array Build Plus Other Builds

I had a bad driver from Mouser. Pain in the ass to return once used. My advice is as you say. Buy a new one, repackage the old and tell them it's defective. I hate dishonesty but Mouser was really difficult to do a return on once you used the driver. Defective or not.

I had a bad driver from Mouser. Pain in the ass to return once used. My advice is as you say. Buy a new one, repackage the old and tell them it's defective. I hate dishonesty but Mouser was really difficult to do a return on once you used the driver. Defective or not.

Mean Well states a 7 year warranty and clearly this is a problem with the driver failing. If Mouser does not want to honor that I will vote with my spending power and not purchase from them in the future. I mean theoretically you have to use it to know it is defective!

I have done a few Citizen builds. I just need to know what a CLU guy would run the 038-1206 at. There's a guy on my page where I post my vids arguing with me. He thinks he can run it at 1300 even though the test currant on the chip is 540mA. He thinks he can run it at absolute max currant. Lol.
Wow i am learning something! When you asked about the chip i googled it and looked at the spec sheet.

As i do with alot of the stuff you guys talk about to help me follow along as im a visual learner.

But that was the first thing i noticed (540ma) and thought wow that chip must be tiny lol

Wow i am learning something! When you asked about the chip i googled it and looked at the spec sheet.

As i do with alot of the stuff you guys talk about to help me follow along as im a visual learner.

But that was the first thing i noticed (540ma) and thought wow that chip must be tiny lol

And the guy paid $12 for a clu1205 when the clu1212 is $14 and runs at 1050mA. I've never even heard of the 1205. Lol.

420-magazine-mobile49824799.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1236968479.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1633707538.jpg
it's finally letting me load pics

And the guy paid $12 for a clu1205 when the clu1212 is $14 and runs at 1050mA. I've never even heard of the 1205. Lol.
Sounds like hes trying convince himself he didnt just screw up lol

You want to sell me a couple 100k potentiometers Jimmy? I'll suck it up and buy the tester for future builds so I can test the myself later. Also what digital multimeter do I need? AC? I spent 2 hours looking through this feed for the answer but came up empty handed.

420-magazine-mobile1460950629.jpg

There's no specific tester. Just has to have most of these features
Sweet deal, I'll grab one of these bad boys. I'm assuming it's going to come in handy come writing time anyway haha.

I've been studying everyone's wiring diagrams. I seen Fan say he was going to make a video on how he wired his panel earlier in the thread so I'm going to see if that happened and study the shit out of that as well.

You can get a decent multi meter for $100, ideal makes a good cheap meter that maybe still has lifetime warranty. Hey jimmie, did ya get your website up yet, just watched another of your vids on the 90cri. Those meat chips, do they hit close in the far red spectrum
Thanks dude I'll check in to that, I figure I mise well since this is only the first of many builds providing I learn enough about wiring that I don't die ;)

You can use the 240h-c1400 to run 5 COBs but. You need to trim back the dimmer about 10%. That means at that currant (1400) you get a problem where the last little bit on the top end sweep (90%->100%) doesn't make the cob any brighter but it does add heat watts to the cob. Adding watts that do not make the chip any brighter is a massive waste of energy (in the form of heat instead of light) and will shorten the lifespan of the chip.
Two ways to deal with this are 1) add a resistor inline between the 1st and 3rd pole (a little complicated for novice builders) or 2) use a "crappy" 100k linear pot that resists less than 100k. This is easy as around 90% of the pots I test are lower than 100k.
I tested a few and found that a pot with 80k to 86k at max works almost perfectly.
The easiest option however is to just dim down until you see the light dim a bit.

If you u guys need a video on selecting pots or on running 5 COBs on a 240h-c1400 I'll make one tonight.
I think I've had 1 potentiometer so far that actually read 100k. Most are 92-95.

Back
Top Bottom