Fans, Blowers, Carbon Filters, and Air Cooled Lights

It is wired into the power wire for the fan. The fan power wire will consist of two or possible three wires. A ground wire (optional) is usually green. A neutral wire - usually white. And a line wire - usually black. Cut the black wire and connect the lead from the plug to the pole (it will be marked) and the end going to the fan to the normally closed terminal (again they are well marked.) Leave the ground and neutral wires intact. As the temp rises to your set point, the thermostat will actuate, connecting the circuit and the fan will run. When the temp drops below the set point the T-stat will break the connection and the fan will stop.

It is called a line voltage thermostat because it breaks the 120v circuit versus a low valtage thermostat that is nomally found on your home A/C unit. This model of T-stat is rated at 15 amps so it will have no problem handling the fan. I use this unit as a T-stat as well as a limit switch. If my fan that cools the light fails and the temps get above 105, the T-stat actuates and shuts off the light so things don't cook or catch fire.

Dizzy

What up candyman? That 91 temp sounds scary i would run that AC as soon as you can. I am surprised to hear that your temps are so high even with the fan pulling hot air out. Is that Valuline pulling the air hard enough? Are your pulling air from the top of the room vs. the bottom? I am in the market for a fan at the moment are you satisfied with your purchase?

it says 91 on two temp monitors but the room feels way cooler. i like the valueline fan i don't think another would have done any better. the room is vented out the top but the fresh air also comes in from the top. i think the ac will help greatly.

Im sure the AC will bring things down a bit as well. How it the noise level of that vaueline? Is the fan itself loud or is it mostly the wind it is pulling. I will be using 6" duct. if the fan seems to be loud then i might get a 8" fan and fun it half speed with a duct 8 to 6 reducer.

To Gadgetman728 - I can't send PM's until I get enough posts. Here is my reply to your hypothetical question -

A 10' x 10' x 8' room = 800 Cubic feet. Depending on how fast you want to vent the room will determine how big a fan or fans you would want. For example, if you want to move all the air out of the room in 1 minute you would need an 800 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) fan. Personnaly I do not like to blow into a room but would rather suck the air out because if you pressurize a room you can't easily control the leaks and that leads to odor control issues. You can put fans under a mobile home quite easily. There is usually a crawl space for plumbing and electrical and I have never seen one set directly on the ground. They need ventilation underneath to control moisture and give access to the sewer and other utilities. The question I would have for you is where will you get the fresh air to replace what you suck out of the room, and where are you going plumb the exhaust?

Dizzy

Man o man, so i hooked this 8" air duct to the main connection point for all the other ducts with an inline booster fan, Wrong Idea!!! I sucked all the A/C out of the house! so i cut off the fans put a make shift air dampener over the out put of the inlet and the house cooled down in about an hour. Room is now staying between 77 and 84.
IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

Man o man, so i hooked this 8" air duct to the main connection point for all the other ducts with an inline booster fan, Wrong Idea!!! I sucked all the A/C out of the house! so i cut off the fans put a make shift air dampener over the out put of the inlet and the house cooled down in about an hour. Room is now staying between 77 and 84.
IMG_2196.JPG

IMG_2197.JPG

IMG_2198.JPG

IMG_2199.JPG

IMG_2201.JPG

I bet you flipped out.. And i bet your grow room was a -30 haha.. nice to hear you got your temps in line. good job

Oh yeah, I want to thank you for all your help candyman +rep coming at you brother. I have decided to go with the 6" Valuline. I will let you know what i think when it comes in.

Oh yeah, I want to thank you for all your help candyman +rep coming at you brother. I have decided to go with the 6" Valuline. I will let you know what i think when it comes in.

Anytime man, glad i could help you out. I have been pleased with the performance and sound level coming from a fan moving so much air. the cage fan i have that "moves the same CFM" makes way more noise and is not even close to being as strong. i haven't used the other name brand centf fans but i would say it is a great buy.

Anytime man, glad i could help you out. I have been pleased with the performance and sound level coming from a fan moving so much air. the cage fan i have that "moves the same CFM" makes way more noise and is not even close to being as strong. i haven't used the other name brand centf fans but i would say it is a great buy.

I hope so, from what i here from you and from others the valuline is the way to go. I found a clip of a vortex fan hooked up to a "cap" fan, with a dollar taped on the intake of both fans. the Cap was pulling harder and they were rated ate the same CFM. that was a big eye opener as to "dont believe everything you read. Ill try to find that clip.

Back
Top Bottom