Fine tuning rockwool

k5kolodzi

First off all my cloning has been done with an ez clone. My curiosity has gotten the best of me and I currently have 8 clomies in rock wool. I know this topic has been beaten mercilessly but I have still not found what im lookin for.
I am using Clonex dipping gel and clonex solution and i have ph balanced my rockwool using supernaturals supersoak. My questions are these:
After inserting into rockwool, do I fill the bottom of the tray with clonex solution? I have been told to do it immediately and also to wait 3-5 days. Waiting semi dries out the wool and and causes the clone to root faster because it is in search of water. And before you ask, the wool is still soaked from the ph balance, so they have water. I ask because I do not want overwater and have them not roots in 15 days......
second, is spraying with the proper ph balanced water or a foliar spray make a difference? Will they rooy faster with a light foliar spray?
Thanks in advance

Re: Finetuning rockwool.....

i use a covered dome myself,i keep only the cubes misted lightly dampened,no solution sitting in or underneath the cubes,i never spray directly on the cuts,i mist the inside of the dome(sides-top,minimizes damping off)only,as long as,air,temperature, ph(5.5) and ppm's(250-300),40-80watts of blue/daylight florescent 24/7 are on correct levels for the cuttings they will root just fine and not longer or faster than with any additional solution. you can make a good misting/spray solution with about 4tsp of clonex with or without one drop of superthrive(optional) per gallon. after i soak the cubes,i cup it in my hand and shake out as much liquid as possible without letting them get too much dryer,you want them moist ,not soaked or dripping prior to adding the seed or cuttings.

Re: Finetuning rockwool.....

Thamks for the reply! Your process is much like mine. I never understood the need to completely soak everything. I mist twice a day as needed amd I dont water anything for the first 5 days as long as the cubes are moist. I have them under 250 watt MH, however they are far from right under it. This is my mommy light so they are around 30 inches or so from the light itself. My clones look happy after several days so im satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom