First Glass

Dear Seattle, steam cleaning will get almost anything very clean. Its good to know that Scunci makes a hand sized model that is appropriate for cleaning pipes. (But, will it get duct tape sticky off of my wooden gig box? Probably not, I'll stick with acetone or WD-40 for that.)

Hmm.. anyone tried cleaning a pipe with acetone?

KittyLoaf
Yeah, bongs are nice. I was posting more about my feelings than about the device.
I have two secrets for taking huge bong hits. 1) Stand up. A bent waist compresses the diaphram reducing the lung volume. 2)Do not close the throat muscles. It seems that the smoke expands after it hits the lungs. I don't fight to keep every bit inside, but keep my throat open so that if there is too much smoke, it can calmly exit rather than causing a racking cough.

Do you have any bong hitting secrets?

The best bong I ever hit was filled with Courvosier. Awesome taste.

I have a source for acetone. BTW, acetone is so volitile that any residue will evaporate before being inhaled.

oops!

Update!

I am learning things.
First, while a wooden pipe has two parts (bowl and stem), a glass pipe has three: the stem you suck on, the bowl in which the bud resides and what I dubbed the chamber, the area between the inner bowl and outer place where your fingers go.
I've learned that glass pipes want a squeaky clean bowl; a nasty chamber, full of resiny stuff to "comb" the smoke; and an attractive smoke-tinted stem.

I've learned the technique of "corner hits", lighting only a section of the bowlful of bud, leaving other untouched green areas for my friends to taste. From this I discovered what I call "toasted" weed. If corner hits are taken all around the edge of the pipe, the middle section is still unburnt but the heat has given it a coppery toasted colour. The toasted hit has a unique, very pleasant taste. Perhaps one reason I like toasted hits so much is that thats pretty much what I am right now.
:smokin: :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom