If in Veg... For how long? Im planning on doing a 3-4 week veg cycle
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor, in a grow tent
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? Coco
If soil... What size pot? 3 pots, about 15L in size
Size of light? I have a fan cooled, 600w HPS
Temp of tent? around 86 - 95 when the light is on
Tent size? 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m
Any Pests ? No, am keeping a close eye on them though!!
How often are you watering? Every two to three days at this point.
Type and strength of ferts used? Using Coco nuits parts A+B (half strength)

So as mentioned I have 3 clones that I got from a friend, but didnt get them into the tent for about 3 days and 2 of them looked like they would die within a day or so.

I kept at it, gave them a good water with half nuits and they seem to have come back to life!!

Ill post pics asap but sizes of the 3 are:

- 2cm - was originally in grow wool, buried it deep in the pot, this one was basically dead and is now back and looking good.

- 9cm

-9cm

I have a few questions and would welcome any help:

- At what stage can I start topping the plants?
- At what stage can i attempt to take clones?
- I am currently using a watering can to water and am thinking of changing to a run to waste system as I have heard it is an easier set up to manage - Is this true?

As mentioned any help would be awesome, Ill get some pics up asap and make weekly (at min) updates.

How high are you keeping your 600w? With the clones so small you might want to back it up a bit, or if it's dimmable turn it down. Also your going to have to figure out how to get your temps lower 86-95 is pretty extreme. You need it between 75-83, 83 being max. And do you have anything to measure humidity?

You can top the plants around the 5-6th node (branches). You can take clones pretty much whenever since they are clones and more then likely mature themselves. However, you want to take them when yours are in top condition and when you can get a decent sized clone off of it. Good luck. Pics would help a lot!

How high are you keeping your 600w? With the clones so small you might want to back it up a bit, or if it's dimmable turn it down. Also your going to have to figure out how to get your temps lower 86-95 is pretty extreme. You need it between 75-83, 83 being max. And do you have anything to measure humidity?

You can top the plants around the 5-6th node (branches). You can take clones pretty much whenever since they are clones and more then likely mature themselves. However, you want to take them when yours are in top condition and when you can get a decent sized clone off of it. Good luck. Pics would help a lot!

At this stage the light is about 600mm above the tops of the larger 2, and will keep it well higher than normal until they get taller and stronger....

Im going to go out and buy an inline fan today and will have it sucking air from outside the tent with the hope of that cooling the tents temp.
Any thoughts on this? Is there a better method?

I am looking for a cheap humidity / temp gauge for the tent which i should also get today.

What i didnt mention is that I have a carbon filter that pushes air out of the tent, but as mentioned it isnt doing enough to keep the temp down.

Thanks for the advice on topping, I want to start doing it asap as im planning to introduce a scrog screen when they get some size...

Im thinking ill take the clones just before i switch them to flower cycle, by then they should be healthy.

Will get pics up asap, very slow internet connection!!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom