First Grow - Micro Grow - NL Feminized - 90W UFO LED

Here's another update.

NL seedling is almost dead its slowly drying up and turning brown - no picture... I'm heartbroken :(

I found out that I will be moving out end of June, so I thought my bagseeds would never be done by then if I grew them normally,
I had a change of plans, I repotted my 2 bagseeds, in my 2 airports and have switched my light schedule to 12/12
Hopefully it will be done by the end of June ? they are 1 week old now.. (I decided to keep both seedlings for now, even if I get 2 females, I will try and grow both in my 30x30x60cm... I'm hoping it will be fine since all that place is now only for the plants, I just hope it doesnt get too tall from the 12/12...

Another huge fail was that my hygrometer somehow fell on my strongest seedling and bent its stem really hard...
I put some sticks to hold it still and hoping it bounces back... its looking a little droopy compared to the other..
SAM_2665.JPG

I haven't grown nothing much yet but I've learn a quite a bit... hopefully when my second grow comes around it will be much smoother...

:Namaste:

:( RIP small baby NL she was so young whyyyyyyy god whyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

if not moving before late june. you can still veg them for at least 1 month before flowering. they won't take more then 10-12 weeks to flower at tops imo.

at least give them to weeks more before you flower you will thank me later for having conviced you to do so. if you do not drop further heavy things on them that is ;)

the one you dropped the hydro meter on don't worry i have done something similar before. if the outside of the stem is not broken open i would say it will be fine and bouce back. :) if the outside of the stem has been broken open on a plant i normally find a small peice of tape and gently put around the broken point to stiff it up a bit and like a week later or so i will remove the small peice of tape. just like a bandage it will keep infection out and that is the key to heal the broken plant.

And im sending your beat up little plant and you some good vibes for the rest of the day :Namaste:

May i also suggest you find a fitting plastic box or something that fits the bottom of your tent a bit (that you can place your tent on top of so your room gets more enclosed, and can keep your temps and humidity up a bit :)

if not moving before late june. you can still veg them for at least 1 month before flowering. they won't take more then 10-12 weeks to flower at tops imo.

the one you dropped the hydro meter on don't worry i have done something similar before. if the outside of the stem is not broken open i would say it will be fine and bouce back. :) if the outside of the stem has been broken open on a plant i normally find a small peice of tape and gently put around the broken point to stiff it up a bit and like a week later or so i will remove the small peice of tape. just like a bandage it will keep infection out and that is the key to heal the broken plant.

And im sending your beat up little plant and you some good vibes for the rest of the day :Namaste:

Thanks friend ! :)
I'm receiving all those good vibes
I'll send ya some right back ! ;)

Well, I could also veg for a month like you say, I'm just not really sure on the exact date on when I will move.
But I'm hoping that a week or 2 before I move the plants should be drying or curing and the tent should be packed up and ready to be moved..

Here's one question I couldnt find answer to... If one does grow from 12 hours from seed, lets say 1 or 2 months in, Can the plant still be lightly LST'd (for example, in my case, I would just bend the main stem over to lose height, and maybe spread out the lower banches, thats all) So I wouldnt get the normal Christmas tree shape even when growing from 12hours, because thats all I've seen from 12 hours is Christmas tree shaped plants...
What I mean is a plant with no veg time at all, and nothing done to it, but just one bend to break some height.

have never grown 12/12 from seed but i would say no. it will start to show flowers in two to tree weeks but it will not get its stretch on before that so no. if you had a 600watt lamp the plant would properly get a ok size in direct 12/12 but your running with 90w of light. that means you have to do what you can to gain advantages on other sides. therefor i would advice you to veg at least for a bit before flower

But lets say you move already first on june that gives you 3 month untill harvest. if you give it from now till half into marts that will still give you 10 weeks to flower and + at least one week of drying. i would veg them a bit now. Lets say both of them are females and you go 12/12 and maybe will get halv and ounce if lucky i have no idea what you will get with direct 12/12. but with 3-4 weeks of veg you will at least get that much from one of them i would say. your plants will grow ALOT in 4 weeks if treated properly from on i promise you that much :)

Alright, I will give them 2 if not 3 weeks of veg time before I flower,
I will veg until the 8th of March and see how it goes..

Actually my tent is placed on top of a cardboard box, I duct taped the box, I only cut a hole on top for the pots to fit in and little air holes on the sides...

I have no idea why my temps were so low this morning, it usually sits at 25 to 27 degrees with lights on, as for the humidity, I put in that wet towel last night, its almost dry now and RH is still at 50% which is nice because with no towel I have 35% RH.. But I guess a plastic box would be better than cardboard :)

your ventilation are a PC fan if i remember correct right? have you hooked that up to a individual timer seperate from the timer on the light?. if not i would by another timer for the air fan itself. then you can just turn it on for five minuttes or so once every hour. t will provide plenty air for that amount of plants and keep the temps and humidity higher as well.

And sorry if i come on as a betterknowing wiseass sometimes, that is not my intention.

your ventilation are a PC fan if i remember correct right? have you hooked that up to a individual timer seperate from the timer on the light?. if not i would by another timer for the air fan itself. then you can just turn it on for five minuttes or so once every hour. t will provide plenty air for that amount of plants and keep the temps and humidity higher as well.

And sorry if i come on as a betterknowing wiseass sometimes, that is not my intention.

yep, I have a silent pc fan - 37 CFM - 1000 RPM.
I think that when I calculated the amounts of CFM I would need for my tent, I came out with a higher number.
So the fan is not best suited for this tent but yea... I'll see how it goes with this grow and maybe upgrade later on.

Actually all my fans have been running 24/7 so far and it does get noisy at night especially the oscillating fan, I'd really like to change that and now that you mention it..
I will buy another timer soon.. I would also like to have the oscillating fan on a timer. Any ideas on how long I should run it ?

My lights are on 18 hours from 6am to 12am (midnight) I dont like having it on at night because of the noise (fan in the ufo is a little noisy but oscillating fan is champ) and the temps don't change that much because its always 22° in my room unless I open the window, so the oscillating fan could be on the same timer as the lights ? and then the extractor fan on a timer with 15mins per hour ?

Oh and no harm done, you do not come on as anything like that, everyone can have something to say that could benefit another..
I'm also not a fan of judging people ;)

Just had a look at my seedlings, the injured one seems to not give a sh!t about that and has even grown a little more.. leafs are getting bigger and wider :cheer:

hows your plpants coming along nice and healthy i hope? :)

Hey there, I'm not sure, they are healthy and everything but the growth seems to have slowed down a little...
My light may be too high now ? ufo is at 40cm, my temps are around 25 - 27 degrees and I try to maintain the RH above 50%
here's some pics...

This "was" the injured one that took a hit from the hygrometer...
SAM_2669.JPG

And her friend (hopefully its a "her")
SAM_2670.JPG

SAM_2671.JPG

I'm also going to start adding nutrients to the next watering which will be tomorrow..

they will speed up don't worry it just seems like they go nowhere when they are that small. im pretty sure in a week or to you will really start to se hvem go somewere. keep in mind those on m journal are quick autoflowers yours are some bagseeds. so they will need a bit to get their sprint on. how many days are they now from poppin soil surface? and how much root juice are you feeding? you need to start that rootjuice pretty early so it can get some strong roots from the start. and give them a bit of that bioheaven. not so much the first time just a few. ooh yeah i forgot you use the allmix soil you have to go a bit easy bit nutes actully when they are so one then. allmix is pre fertilized in some degree. after a few days maybe start with a very mild dosage of biogrow.
biobizz_grow_chart2.jpg

and just adjust that lamp and inch up or down as you see fit. if the leafs start to bleach up a bit your to close. but just regulate to find that sweetspot for your type of ufo

SORRY i did not see the line in the bottom of the pictures that you start nutes tomorrow :) good luck m8 go easy

about that growth. it seems to you they move very fast that first week or so from braking the soil surface. but it just the stem that grows. if you look closely you see those new leafs popping up. those with extra "fingers" when they get out a bit more the plant gets much better at taking in the light. those kim leafs (small round ones) do not absorb so much light. just wait it should speed up.
20150225_133438.jpg

see those in the right corner next to the big bucket. they have grown like that just standing there in the passive light for 40 some days. IN THE PASSIVE LIGHT not direct (thats small ufo was also just added like 14 days ago or so so it was passive ligt from 90 watts of ufo. :) so if you ufo are not some chinese ripoff your plants should take off soon. week tree or so thats when they speed up thats why i said i thought you needed to veg a bit instead of 12/12. or you would get tiny buds with a low wattage light like ours and those plants have been stunned and such when i have fimmed and topped and snapped and such which slows growth

I'll take your word on that, wow that plant in the big bucket looks awesome... Cant believe those little ones grew so much from just passive light of a ufo :thumb:

Well my ufo is not Chinese, at least I think or hope... Its a European brand, that is found only in growshops around the country, I wont state the name of the brand or the country.. but its not far at all from the UK..

Thanks for the nut chart, I've been adding a little less than a ml of root juice since the first week.
I think they broke the soil on the 14th of February.. meh... that means I'm only on my second week, then I guess growth is just fine ( I had to look at my previous posts to get an exact date, journals are a really cool thing hehe)
I don't have anything to dose my nutes, so I use a teaspoon, now I know that a teaspoon is around 4ml.
So far I have fed 3 times from 1 liters of water with less than half a teaspoon of root juice in it.

When I re-potted I noticed that my roots were actually very long and quite developed, I did not think of taking a pic sorry...
By the way, I cant decide on either, lst'in all the way, to try and get an even canopy like yours kinda, just without the screen..
Or I could top once leaving 2 branches and then 2 weeks or so later fimming those 2 branches.. so I can have 8 tops per plant.
so basically, lst'in would give me many small tops and the toppin/Fimmin would give me 8 massive tops, correct ?
tho, I'm guessing that if I top and fimm, the plant would have to veg for longer, I think I can manage another 4 weeks of veg.. could push it tho..

If you were in kind of a rush i would maybe just lst to keep it low and maybe not top or fim this time. do to your time issues? but thats all up to you m8 :)

I have just taken for cutting from the one nearest the camera to the right and also pruned it cuite a bit so yes they are going well under passive light no stretch at all. also on the left of my bucket im poppin 4 white widow for friend. i will get one of them for the trouble to keep as a motherplant. can't wait to get me some ww love that strain. under that floweringroom you see i have got a small bursery to the left and a small veg room to the right. total light consumption for my veg and light when they are turned on. will be around 40w you got to love the low wattage of LED right? :) and that small closet provides me with plenty when running full speed :) i have just updatet the grow journal a bit today if you wanna sneak a peak.

Well i will check in on your progress in a week or so. best of luck

Thanks mate.

Your right, I will favor lst over toppin for this grow..

Your setup is really cool, you've got some nice space, I hope to have as much space one day ;)
Oh... white widow... thats very nice, good luck with them !

thanks im happy with my setup as well. its small cheap and pretty efficient so im very happy. it have cost my about 350 bucks or so. so pretty cheap. the lamps cost be about 300 cuz i only buy them in state so i can complain about broken stuff, without having to master chinese :) nice Japanese coriander im doin ginger root my self. got the man-ish pot from my old moms ;)

and got a peruvian blue torch cactus going as well. :)

and heres a close up budshot of the easy buds i took today. those buds are really starting to cluster up :) they are all over those small plants. and starting to get that snow fall on top looking crystal production going a bit as well
20150226_142252.jpg

Thanks,

Gotta love growing edible plants...
We always grew veggies and stuff as kids growing up, now I live in an apartment so I cant really grow much anymore but hopefully one day I will start again..

I really like your idea of the organic garden you want to build, best of luck with it !

Wait.. I dont follow.. sorry..
I should grow for 3 more weeks without lst ? and then fimm the main stem only ?
or... grow for the next 3 weeks while still lst'in, and then fimmin all the branches that would come out from the lst ?

nope start bending your stems within the next days go easy. then you just LAST it over the next tree weeks or so. and see how fare it gets you. then if you see the time fit (with your moving plans and all) you can fim or top (i personally would try to fim) all the tops, and give it a week or so to bounce back in growth (when it starts to short from the fim areas again) then go 12/12. you get it?

nope start bending your stems within the next days go easy. then you just LAST it over the next tree weeks or so. and see how fare it gets you. then if you see the time fit (with your moving plans and all) you can fim or top (i personally would try to fim) all the tops, and give it a week or so to bounce back in growth (when it starts to short from the fim areas again) then go 12/12. you get it?

Oh, thanks for explaining, I get ya :)

Practically I will lst for 3 weeks, creating an even little bush and then like you say, if I have time, I will fimm all those tops and few days later switch to 12/12..

I just drew a mental picture of how that would look like... I like this idea :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom