First Grow.... Need a few pointers please!

Spf135

I am new to this site, as well as growing.........I decided to embark on my first VERY small grow. I plan on growing only one plant just to get a feel for it. I have a few questions......I am going to be growing right next to my parents bedroom in my closet, I definately do not want them to smell anything out of the ordinary especially the smell of a bud plant lol. What is a SUPER cheap way to control the smell? And I bought a flourescent light that only kicks out 40w, but i got some GE plant and aquarium bulbs for it (they r supposed to cover both spectrums of light). Will this lighting work for veg? Any tips would help a lot and i would def. appreciate them.

Re: First Grow.... Need a few pointers please!!

I would wait till you move out to your own place. I can't see anygood coming of that. Why not grow other types of plants. Which your parents would not care about. You would still gain experience with growing.

Thanks Ganjarden, but I can't really move out yet because I am in college close to home, and it is cheaper. Although it is risky I am kind of stubborn lol and still want to give it a try, and if it becomes too noticable then I will discard the entire thing. But I really want to at least give it a try. I also want to start a grow journal for this lol. I'm heading out today to get some more supplies. What of the lights?? Any ideas on odor control??? Thanks.

a carbon filter and extractor is needed and for lighting i,d go for 200w CFL and then HID lighting for when you change to flowering, but like Ganjarden say you,d be better waiting cause carbon filters fans and light ballasts all make some noise

Ok I found a switchable MH and HPS light system for like $100. I think I will go with that, and ill try and get a carbon filter. I appreciate your help guys.

Back
Top Bottom