White Widow First grow HELP!?

stereo101

Hey there, I am a complete beginner in growing, so I would like your advice on my first grow. I planted 4 of my 10 purchased seeds of white widow about a week ago and all have taken and are about 3-4 inches high. I am currently using a PHILIPS 20W Esaver flourescent bulb in a normal household lamp plugged into the mains. I will, however be upgrading to a 250w dual spectrum, lamp with a Euro budget reflector. I water my plants a few times a day with a little all purpose Miracle Grow (6-5-5). I'm not sure on how much light they should be getting. Over the past few days they have been getting 20 on, 4 off, but I have recently learned that I should have the light on 24/7. I will also be moving my plants into a closet with about 5.5feet of verticle room when I get my reflector.
Thanks for your help and please take a look at my pics. :peacetwo:

" I water my plants a few times a day with a little all purpose Miracle Grow (6-5-5). "

Cripes man. First I'm surprised they haven't croaked on you. You're growing in soil so no feeding anything for a week or two. Then every other day at most or depending on how hot your environment dries your soil. Flush plants once a week. Use h202 every time you feed or water. Any light regiment above 18 hrs is fine for vegging.
Miracle grow sucks. follow my sig for some info on nutrients.

Just to clarify, are you saying that I should just water them with no nutrients in the first week or two, and just use pure water every other day?

Just to clarify, are you saying that I should just water them with no nutrients in the first week or two, and just use pure water every other day?

Right, H202 every time when you start nutes, nutes should be started at half stregnth for the first couple of weeks.

I agree whole heartedly with ledtester. He knows his sh@t. For soil I'd get some fox farms seen lots a people use it with sucess. Yea might want to try lookin at the Deep Water Culture page under hydro. It's easy as cake and easier then soil growin <= IMO. Is the duel spectrum a HID or flouro. HID's create a lot of heat. Either way you'll want to pick up an ocillating fan to blow on them (it will strengthen the stem and provide fresh air.

Hey there, I am a complete beginner in growing, so I would like your advice on my first grow. I planted 4 of my 10 purchased seeds of white widow about a week ago and all have taken and are about 3-4 inches high. I am currently using a PHILIPS 20W Esaver flourescent bulb in a normal household lamp plugged into the mains. I will, however be upgrading to a 250w dual spectrum, lamp with a Euro budget reflector. I water my plants a few times a day with a little all purpose Miracle Grow (6-5-5). I'm not sure on how much light they should be getting. Over the past few days they have been getting 20 on, 4 off, but I have recently learned that I should have the light on 24/7. I will also be moving my plants into a closet with about 5.5feet of verticle room when I get my reflector.

m.grow is bad news dude! canna products r gr8 bt is personal choice, splash out on your soils it will pays off in the long run.
i find canna coco a good choice.:thumb:

People are bashing MG products all the time. If you use them properly you can get great results. Look at my current grow, I'm using MG all purpose for veg and quick start for bloom. Works wonders, and costs way less than any of the popular nutrient products out there.

MG nutes havent done anything bad to any of my plants. I started using it at 1/4 strength and am now using it at half strength. Half strength is about the same strength as FF grow big. Sure it doesn't have the same micro nutrients in it, but it still does a great job.. for $6 a bottle, and only needing 1/2tsp / gal, it will last forever.
03-15-10_012.jpg

The plant in the front left was growing a steady 1.5-2" a day once I was feeding it MG all purpose.

I would be cautious about using the h2o2. It is good for the roots and helps the plant get stronger o2, and also kills any bacteria in the soil, but depending on your soil, if you're using a soil with beneficial bacteria in it, the h2o2 will kill that too.

Good luck on your grow man, White Widow is a great strain

m.grow is bad news dude! canna products r gr8 bt is personal choice, splash out on your soils it will pays off in the long run.
i find canna coco a good choice.
7233.jpg

250cfl is a good choice 2 as it will help root groth, i put my plant under one of these 4 4 weeks be4 adding a 400w hps aswell as the cfl.
24/7 4 cfl and 18/6 on the hps.

People are bashing MG products all the time. If you use them properly you can get great results. Look at my current grow, I'm using MG all purpose for veg and quick start for bloom. Works wonders, and costs way less than any of the popular nutrient products out there.

I would be cautious about using the h2o2. It is good for the roots and helps the plant get stronger o2, and also kills any bacteria in the soil, but depending on your soil, if you're using a soil with beneficial bacteria in it, the h2o2 will kill that too.

Good luck on your grow man, White Widow is a great strain

Bacteria loves oxygen so I'm not that certain about it killing good bacteria but if you're feeding them mollasess then you don't need to worry about that either. If your going to do soil my friends recommend sunshine #4. HP or h2o2...You should try to get the concentrated food grade that's 33-35%. The cheap %3 stuff is full of impurities. 3ml/ gallon is good. And WW is my favourite.
ScanImage156.jpg

Without going into a lot of reasons why, If I were you, I'd scrap the Miracle Grow. What I have seen with this product is a LOT of leftover salts, and without proper monitoring and flushing, it's REAL easy to overfeed.

Now, if I were you right now, I'd flush the crap out of your hopeful little ladies. They need NO nutrients right now. If your using tap water, you probably have several hundred ppm in and of itself. Trust me. You finally got the balls to get some GOOD genetics. Easy up there....I want to see you succeed! (For what it's worth, my last grow was WW, and it is without a doubt a favorite. You'll laugh your ass off at bagweed from your first harvest on. :thumb::peacetwo:

Opinions are like assholes-everybody has one. Here's mine. I'd pee on my plants before I'd use MG. K?:popcorn:

This being said, I presume I owe an explanation as to why. I've found MG to not only leave a lot of salts and trace elements as well as micro nutes that aren't even required to grow and flower MJ. Also noted is it's hard to remove (flush) all the salts, as many simply refuse to dissolve. This leads to burning tender root structures as well as overfeeding without knowing it. If cheap is the game, use GH. And it wont leave a lot of salt behind.:bong:

Opinions are like assholes-everybody has one. Here's mine. I'd pee on my plants before I'd use MG. K?:popcorn:

This being said, I presume I owe an explanation as to why. I've found MG to not only leave a lot of salts and trace elements as well as micro nutes that aren't even required to grow and flower MJ. Also noted is it's hard to remove (flush) all the salts, as many simply refuse to dissolve. This leads to burning tender root structures as well as overfeeding without knowing it. If cheap is the game, use GH. And it wont leave a lot of salt behind.:bong:

I always thought MG anything wasn't good for MJ cause it was to acidic...promix is ok but any good airated soil is good.

Back
Top Bottom