My first closet grow - White Widow from Crop King

billy13778

first grow with white widows from crop kings (really really good company to use - customer support is amazing).
I used a 5 gallon grow bag for my one plant under 4 100 watt cfls (daylight 6500k). 8 100 watt cfls (2700k) for bloom cycle. I was in no hurry and veged it for 8 wks. topped it and used LST to grow it almost straight sideways. on sunny days I would bring it outside for real sunlight. about 6 wks into veg (sep 1st) I placed it out on the back porch and I was enjoying my cup of coffee and first cigarette of the day when I saw a helicopter flying a pattern around my neighborhood. I placed my plant under the bench and continued my morning coffee. the copter flew low over my house about 20 times, so low I could see that the pilot had a mustache. later in the paper it said that the cops were looking for weed in my county. they found a 7 ft tall plant about 2 streets over and they found 2 6 ft tall plants about a mile over and 1 plant in a planter on someone's porch in the next town. all that money spent flying around and busted 3 people for 4 plants. after I started bloom (12/12) it stretched up to almost 3 ft tall with about 32 bud sites. buds were really frosting up getting fat at 4 wks into bloom. it was really pungent and really coming along beautifully.

now the fun part - my daughter and son in law live with us and knew about my grow just from the smell. he went through rehab for pills (after over dosing) about a year ago and he was exhibiting signs of using again. we had a big confrontation/intervention with the wife and I and daughter, and during the session he mentioned that I was a hypocrite for growing weed and telling him that drugs were not acceptable in my house. I agreed and took my plant out back and cut and burned it. I weighed out the buds (still green and 4 wks left till harvest) and it was 3.5 oz. I felt bad but I had to do it. the dumb piece of shit son in law overdosed again that night about 12 hrs later. the cops that showed up with paramedics searched the house and after walking into the spare bedroom/growroom he saw my light set up and said that it looked interesting. I said that I was going to start my tomatoes for next season using the light setup. he laughed and said that he would like to have some of those tomatoes. he said that he could almost smell them already. i did not say a word, did not crack a smile or anything.

missing the police helicopter - 5 stars
missing the police search of the house by 12 hrs - 5 stars
loss of the first plant harvest - minus 5 stars

luckily the son in law lived and is now in rehab again. hopefully this time it takes. hopefully he recovers enough for them to move out and then I will start my second grow

overall I really enjoyed growing my little plant, it gave me a hobby to do for 100 plus days. I have not smoked pot in almost 40 yrs and I do not miss smoking it but I think I would have enjoyed it, especially the white widow is supposed to be very potent. .

I thank everyone that made this grow so successful. I read and studied hundreds and hundreds of posts and my plant was so perfect. no problems, green and healthy, budding beautifully. I followed the nutrients carefully, started with reduced nutes and slowly built up. I never over watered, thanks to you guys. I just could not believe how easy it was. I used the LST method and the plant was thriving. I set up a scrog and defoliated to make sure every bud was getting good light. since i was retired, i checked the plant every couple hours and babied the hell out of it. but all in all, good karma saved me twice and i learned a bunch about growing a small plant in a 3 by 3 closet with just minimal lighting.

again thank you for sharing all of your knowledge with us first newbie growers. i could not have done it without you.

billy13778

Back
Top Bottom