My first grow in a wardrobe

Hi mate,
She s looking ok there pal!! You seem to be pondering what i was a few weeks back.. I vegged my girl for about 8 weeks. I wanted her to be about 3.5/4ft before i flipped, and as i LST d her, i didnt think she would double in height or more, but she did!!
Even with the 600w HPS going she still had a bit of stretch, but thankfully she stopped at over 160cm..
Your girl almost resembles my current with the stripped base, i should have removed more small branches in the middle as these arent going to do anything really.. But i left a few on her. Dont stress on her Hermie ing on ya or woteva while you trim her, as long as its not a massive removal all at once she should be fine. Ive taken about 2.5oz of leaf material from Cindy so far, and ive trimmed a bit from her during flower and she s still doin ok.. Just dont go chopping heaps of branches off..
And also if you can, try to keep the large fan leaves mate, as these are pretty important atm, for flowering, as if you dont have enough big leaves to store nutes to feed your girl, she may take food from other leaves. You can tuck em, or use rubber wire like i do to attach to somewhere and pull em out of the way. If theyre blocking direct light from buds it may be ok to take one if needed, but just try hold onto em..
All the best and cant wait to see some big nugs:):) And about you worrying about her not having alot of flowers, well, my Cindy, wasnt showing much into week 3, i had to give her a slightly stronger dose of P&K ( bloom booster ) whatever, and my girl bloomed overnight:) IT WAS A GREAT SIGHT!! With my strain, it can have upto a 70 day flower period, im onto day 37 or something now, and she s not far from finishing IMO, but she has a nute intake prob causing Defic.??
So just make sure your girls getting pretty much complete dark, not too high RH, i prefer about 40% as a safe margin in case of mold, Your PH is a fundamental especially with a soil grow like mine also.. Ive grown plants with no problems with a PH of 6.1/.4, and theyve all showed good foliage color and steady building of bud til im ready to pull em.. Presently the soil is stable between 6.3/6.7 PH, which should be adequate according to chart in my journal??
This girl is sensitive, coupled with a major FUNGUS GNAT infest. my poor plant isnt the picture of health.. She was going along well, until my feed log book went bye bye somewhere, and ive probably over fed and caused build up/lockout..
So atm, although she should be getting a slight yellow tinge to most older fan leaves she has been getting bad rusty/dead patches on nearly ALL branches/buds.. I do not like it, she may be only 1 or 2 weeks from finishing ( i hope ) and im just trying to keep her going long enough to turn her pistils orange!! Amber trichs may be a long reach now, so im going to have to just keep an eye on the Pistils,Trichs til im satisfied and before she turns to ash!! Anyways mate, hope this helps, but yeah,just be weary that as time goes on, soil may lose its buffering abilitiy due to the size of the roots and minimal compost etc;
Im not suggesting pumping lots of nutes!! Just keep tabs of when you feed, when you water and the amounts, it will help ya keep routine of what she s getting and youll have a better chance of avoiding any probs down the track..
Goodluck and hope all goes well.. Smokemupm8...

DAY 18 OF FLOWER:

Thanks for your lengthy reply "Smokemupm8"! Here are some new pictures:

RAKqk.jpg

s7e8f.jpg

KcMNO.jpg

vrimW.jpg

9fa5W.jpg

NICE MATE!! I SEE FLOWERS:):):)
There was one thing that caught my eye, the cupping,claw like shape of a fan leaf.. This is over - watering i think?? Unfortunately i cannot remember off top of my head - but the claw shaping of fan leaves is a good indicator of a certain prob. It should be easy sorted, have a read in plant prob solvr pictoral on here, and see if it has the info about clawing..
Wont be long before there s some solid buds bumpin into each other:) If you want any particular branches/bud sites to grow as well as they can, trim any fan leaves blocking them now, as if you can clear out enough so most sites are getting good light, they will bud further down the branch rathr than a cola and maybe 1 smaller bud below.
I should have taken a few more leaves earlier, but now ive taken them, i have buds growing further down the stem so ive cleared a few leaves above them and they will now get bigger.
Dont cut tonnes off, just stagger a few removed from here and there, so some light clearly penetrates through to the plants base. Its up to you tho!!! You will still get nice buds, just for me, i could have taken a few more.. GOODLUCK AND ALL THE BEST WITH YOU BUDS:)
Smokemup

DAY 19 OF FLOWER:

I took some more fanleaves off and did some rearanging/training. She has lots and lots of budsites exposed to the light. I hope they will turn out to more then small popcorn!

b2LZj.jpg

UNyFA.jpg

I have been out of PH-buffer-fluid for a few weeks and I have suspected that the calibration on my ph-meter has been a bit off. But today when I finally got to calibrate it again I was a bit shocked. When i put it in the 7.0PH solution the meter read 8.1!

I have been adjusting the water to about 6.2 (according to my faulty ph-meter) since I suspected it was maybe 0.2-0.3 too high. But it turns out it was actually way more off tthen that. So this means my poor little girl has had to work with very low PH for quite some time now.

Im glad I found out about it now anyway. What would you guys recommend me to do at this point? There is about 40-liters of Coco in the "pot" and I usually water it with 10 liters at once. Think I should flush abunch of water through it with better balanced PH?

After I calibrated it today and checked the runoff it was at 4.7. I am surprised she looks this good with that low PH. Anyway I have now poured 30 liters of 6.5ish PH water through the coco and the runoff still reads 4.8. The plant is in 40 liters of coco. It is a pain for me to flush correctly since I just have a very shallow container to collect the runoff and I then pump that out with a handpump.

Hello mate, your plants look very nice!! i wish i could say the same about mine but i can't had bad problems with them using exact techniques that ive had success with before and this time the temps and humidity have been almost perfect! i think the problem is that i got a reverse osmosis machine as my tap water has a high e.c (0.7-0.8) ish so my plan was to mix half ro water and half tap to make it canna's recommended base of 0.4 but i think i went wrong assuming the would be enough cal/mag in the water but i think that may of been the problem so ive gone back to just tap water and gave them some canna bio organic nutrients but they don't seem to be recovering how i imagined them to. Its very frustrating! i still think they will give a ok yield i hope. It was the ultimate you have there isn't it? well done on a very successful first grow. i will up load pics of my plants for you soon, i think you will like my new grow room :)

Hi guys,

I have been reading up the last few weeks about growing. Im not sure that Im proud of it, but it has become quite an obsession. So I finally decided I want to start my first grow in a wardrobe. I live in a pretty small apartment so I don't have that much room.

DrTentgrows 600w Wardrobe Grow - Power Plant

The thread above inspired me because of the clean setup and also because the size of the wardrobe is about the same as the one I am planning on using.

I have a few questions though:

1. It seems like he only has an air outlet and no intake. Shouldn't this basically suck out most of the air and leave the inside with low levels of co2 etc? Probably a really stupid question. Also, what would it be like to blow the exhaust straight out into the room where i am living? I don't really have an option to direct the air outside.

2. Would it be possible to use the same wardrobe for all of the stages from seed to harvest? I would ofcourse have to change the lighting and environment around depending on the stage Since Im starting out from scratch I dont have motherplants or the option to get clones.

3. What is the black device standing in between the two pots? Is it a carbon filter? (NOT MY PHOTO)
31058.JPG

4. And finally, the shop where I will be buying most of the equipment is this: Professional Grow (not sure about the rules for posting links like this, please remove it if you have to). If someone could take the time and give me some tips on what hardware to get from there, that would be greatly appreciated. As i said before I am looking at a wardrobe with about the same dimensions as the link I posted and I would like to about the same quality stuff he is using.

Im really itching to get this ball rolling. Im sure it will be a blast even though I am keeping my expectations very low for my first grow!
Just make a passive intake 👌will fix ur issues with o2

Back
Top Bottom