First ever closet grow

Ronin

Hello! I recently got my medicinal growing license for my own use. I live in Canada, so it's pretty cold here right now and our growing season just ended. I live in a small house in the city, so I couldn't really grow outdoors anyway. I also can't have plants in my basement as the house I live in has tenants in the basement too. I'm probably going to be able to grow outdoors later next year at a friends farm, but I want to try out a few plants over the winter. I have a really conveniently located closet but I'm not sure how to start. Here are the measurements for my closet:

22'' Wide, 50 Inches long, and 8 feet high.

Iv'e read alot about all the lighting options, clones, seeds, soils etc. Really can't decide what to do a midst all of the different opinions. My power supply is not an issue, but ideally I would like to keep the hydro costs down. Iv'e already told my landlord i'm doing this and hes OK with it, but he wants power costs to stay as low as possible. So I want someone to tell me what I am best off growing in that closet, with fairly low power costs, fairly low smell, and with a budget of up too $500.

I can show you what I did in my closet. It's about the same size. maybe it will give you some ideas.
Hey to All,Im New Here, My Closet Setup
You could probably get by with a 400 watt MH/HPS with a dimmable digital ballast. I got one on ebay for about $150 U.S. dollars. I am saving for a decent PH meter now. I would recommend you get one. I had a cheap $10 one but it never really worked. I used CFL's for awhile the heat wasn't as high but the plants weren't as large either. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom