Venting closet grow

night_neo

Come watch my pot grow

I'm getting to the point where the plants are smelling and I want to make a ventilation system also so my hps light isn't regulating my temp. Above the closet is the attic. What kind of system should I use to vent the closet?

I was thinking about just getting a 6 foot ducting and putting it through the ceiling with a fan in it up in the attic and do whatever with it up there like putting a filter on it.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: the closet has a 10 foot ceiling.

There are many possible ways to approach it. The 6-feet of duct is not necessary unless you want to attach directly to the reflector. Otherwise, you might do okay by hanging a filter inside the room near the ceiling (where the heat is), near the vent hole. Run short duct from the filter and through the hole (sealed). Connect to a blower to exhaust into the dusty attic. Make sure that there is an intake by either keeping the door open, or using an inlet hole near the floor and on the other side of the closet.

There are many possible ways to approach it. The 6-feet of duct is not necessary unless you want to attach directly to the reflector. Otherwise, you might do okay by hanging a filter inside the room near the ceiling (where the heat is), near the vent hole. Run short duct from the filter and through the hole (sealed). Connect to a blower to exhaust into the dusty attic. Make sure that there is an intake by either keeping the door open, or using an inlet hole near the floor and on the other side of the closet.

Do you know of any pics of what your talking about. I have been trying to do the search with no luck.

Back
Top Bottom