Venting my Closet need Input

candyman2007

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/ScannedImage1.jpg

I am trying to plan my new grow room and wanted to get some input on my idea.

I want to keep my temps in a good range and supply all the light needed.

the closet is 23" deep, 51" long, and 96" high

Light one is a 400W HPS in a Cooltube setup with remote ballast.
Light two is a 400W SunSystem 5 MH all in one with a 4" vent attachment.

the idea is to have a 6" carbon filter with a 6" squirrel fan 465cfm that blows into the attic and 2 6" inlets ducts connected to one of the room vents each with a 160cfm inline fan.

Going to be doing Hydro, one aquamist II and one Ebb & Flow system total of 8 plants. :thanks:

ScannedImage1.jpg

if someone can just let me know if this is way over kill or about right or something it would help me a great deal. i want to start building soon. :hippy:

I think the basic design is sound, you will find the less twists and turns in your ducting the better your fan will work and it reduces noise slightly.
For the most part that is how mine is set up minus one light and my intake and booster fans are down low with only a couple feet of duct work.
Make sure you take into account plant height and have you thought about using some panda plastic to seperate that top shelf a bit and clone up there with a little 2ft t5 system?
Just a passing thought.

yep i am thinking about doing a clone box on that shelf it will also hold 2 fans for circulation. that is where my seeds are starting right now. i just have a 65W CFL on them.
i have to have the vents run down the side and from the top unfortunately because i want to pull air from the central duct system of the house trying to make as stealth as i can. i want to keep the smell way down and i am concerned about the air that will get pulled through light number two. I can't think of another way to do it unless i have the air blow into the carbon filter rather than pull air through it. does that work? i don't seam to see any designs like that. Thanks for the input Smokey

i want to keep the smell way down and i am concerned about the air that will get pulled through light number two. I can't think of another way to do it unless i have the air blow into the carbon filter rather than pull air through it. does that work? i don't seam to see any designs like that. Thanks for the input Smokey

You can always vent the lights separately from the GR - the "light air" wouldn't have a smell if you used air from outside the GR to cool it. It would be the biggest source of heat you have to deal with. You'd end up not needing as much airflow for the GR-vent part, and that air would be cooler. Probably easier on the carbon filter as well.

Also, on light #2 I'd seriously consider using 6" ducting even if it meant that I had to enlarge the holes in the light fixture. If it's got a "grate," I'd be cutting that away anyway for unrestricted airflow.

Oh and with 8' ceilings, I hope you set up your ducting so that you can still drop those lights WAY down unless you're looking for extremely stretched & leggy plants.

TorturedSoul thanks for the input!!!
I am wondering if i am trying to put to much into the closet. i really want it to have enough light but are both the HPS and the MH overkill should i just use one at time with that amount of space? It does have the grate but i can only find 4" adapters for it; it also only has an exhaust so i would need to hook an intake to it to keep the air "clean". starting to be a butt load of ducting. i haven't started yet trying to get the best plan before i start cutting

I think i am going to scrap the closet idea and build a room in the garage 4x6x8, will post with more details thanks for all the help!!

Back
Top Bottom