First grow! Need help please!

MiddleDigitUp

Ok so I'm getting ready for my first grow. I finally got an idea of what road I want to go down. I am going to be making a 2x2x3 ft. Box for my closet. I already started constructing it(as you can see in the attached image.) I still have a lot of questions due to being inexperienced, but like I said this will be my first attempt.

Questions
1) how should I set up my intake/exhaust.. I have 2 115v AC 120mm pc fans in the mail. Should one be at the top blowing out and one at the bottom blowing in?

2) also I need help figuring out my light situation. I really want to go with led lighting but I don't know wich one to get or how many I will need. (I'm open for any suggestions)

3) should I line the inside with Mylar or paint it white?

4) Also What are best organic choices for soil and nutes
Like I said I'm open to any suggestions! I'm a virgin so anything helps !

Hi MiddleDigitUp.

I've failed to say it previously, but welcome to :420:

Please know that I say this respectfully, but I can't help wonder if you might benefit from some reading prior to jumping in to a grow. There is a tremendous resource in the Grow Room tab at the top of screen, in the "How to Grow Marijuana" section. I promise, I'm not trying to be a jerk here, and I realize that statement sounds a little pompous -sorry. Here is my thinking.

I just don't think a plant grown in a box that short will produce enough smoke to be worth messing with. If you use LED's, I think you need to plan on a minimum of 6 inches between the light and the top of the plant. If you grow in a 2 or 3 quart container that's going to be another 5 or 6 inches tall, so left with a plant 2 ft. tall at most. If the LED's are low enough voltage to allow you to keep them as close as 6 inches, they won't be strong enough to provide the lower 1/2 or even 2/3rd of the plant with enough light to allow the bud to develop. In the end you'll spending 90 to 120 days, a minimum of $100 or more dollars on light(s) and stuff, and end up with less than 1/2 oz (if even close to that) in smoke.

I guess I can see where you could do that repeatedly and end up buying 1 or maybe 2 ozs. less a year, but is that really going to make an appreciable difference financially or otherwise.

Again, I truly apologize if I'm being a jerk here. I'm just hoping to help you avoid disappointing results and discouragement with the process. Growing your own is really fun and I'd like for you to enjoy it to it's fullest, without any disappointment.

Ok so I'm getting ready for my first grow. I finally got an idea of what road I want to go down. I am going to be making a 2x2x3 ft. Box for my closet. I already started constructing it(as you can see in the attached image.) I still have a lot of questions due to being inexperienced, but like I said this will be my first attempt.

Questions
1) how should I set up my intake/exhaust.. I have 2 115v AC 120mm pc fans in the mail. Should one be at the top blowing out and one at the bottom blowing in?

2) also I need help figuring out my light situation. I really want to go with led lighting but I don't know wich one to get or how many I will need. (I'm open for any suggestions)

3) should I line the inside with Mylar or paint it white?

4) Also What are best organic choices for soil and nutes
Like I said I'm open to any suggestions! I'm a virgin so anything helps !
Run a passive intake one exsaust will.pull.fresh air in threw the intake .as for lights hit up eBay 5000watt.led under 20$ well worth it to

Back
Top Bottom