Need help with setting up my first closet!

BHOtanical

Sorry in advance if this post ends up being a little choppy I'm typing it all up on my phone at work so please bear with me here.
So anyways specs of the closet are aprox. :

H-72"
L-20"
W-30"
(Whenever I did the exact calculations it came out to 24sq feet if I'm not mistaken)

I bought insulation at Home depot cut out pieces and lined the entire inside of the box with it I'm going to paint the insulation with elastomer I've never really heard of anyone using insulation as the walls for a grow space I figured it would make it easier to control climate? Am I dumb to think this?

I still also have a thermometer, interior snap on fan, and a couple other doo-hikys to mount

I have a PlatinumLED P300 hanging in there.
Got this cooltron axial fan for exhaust off amazon I cut a hole in the top right corner big enough so I could just take the fan and mount it from the inside of the closet.
FAN SPECS:

110 CFM,
AC120x120x38 (mm)
Speed Controllable
115V
47.30dBA
BALLBEARING.

I'll post pictures in a little so you all have a better idea of what everythings looking like.
This is my first project of this type so time to time I get a little overwhelmed and don't know what to do next so any suggestions, recommendations, or constructive cristisicm would be suuuper appreciated.

My main questions as of this moment (I'm sure I'll have maaany more in the next few upcoming days) are:
How do I light seal the axial fan without obstucting airflow?
Where should I place my passive intake?
Will my axil fan be able to have a scrubber attached?
Is the insullation a no no?

I just mounted the axial fan last night,anyone have suggestions on what step I should take next to make this cabinet fully functional? Am I doing anything wrong? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry in advance if this post ends up being a little choppy I'm typing it all up on my phone at work so please bear with me here.

H-72"
L-20"
W-30"
(Whenever I did the exact calculations it came out to 24sq feet if I'm not mistaken)

My main questions as of this moment (I'm sure I'll have maaany more in the next few upcoming days) are:
Is the insullation a no no

You have about a 4 sq ft footprint for your garden, if height is taken into account it is about 24 cu ft.
use duct work to move the fan away from the opening some, thereby reducing the light getting in.
Intake(down low) is usually on the opposite side of exhaust(up high).
A small scrubber. 110cfm will exchange the air in the size space just fine, but might be strained to pull through a filter too.
Can't answer the ques on the insulation, as I just don't know. Pics would help.
I'll leave you with a couple of ref charts that will be helpful. Think about making a grow journal where you have a reference point to go back to, and others can see what is going on and chime in with help. Good luck.

pH_chart71.jpeg

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies312.jpeg

Elastomer i've not heard of this before ?

But depends on what colour it turns out once painted ! you may ask why ?

Reflective surface for example & making the most of your light source that being one reason.

Matt white paint works on the cheap a long with any of those reflective plastic sheets which can be found on most online hydro stores etc... avoid tin foil.

I see ya got your exhaust shorted, you may well need a passive vent as to draw new fresh air into the grow area to provide air exchange which is pretty important for any grow area.

Passive vent is based near the bottom off the closet/tent.

Need to be made light tight... DIY options a wall vent with angled vents, DIY bug mesh could be improvised with some old stockings etc

Light does not go around bends and corners so using a 90 degree elbow on the exhaust will near eliminate the light (you *may* get a ever so slight glow) its a proven technique used by many people.
(once you have a carbon filter the light will not shine threw and you can ditch the elbow)

You should consider buying or making the carbon air filter , carbon pellets provide the least air restriction and are recommended to use for air filtration for that reason. Also pellets have a very large surface area. If you choose coal based activated carbon pellets they will last twice as long as wood based pellets ,before needing to be restored / cleaned.

Some people suggest that you can't wash the pellets , they are wrong , the pellets are also used in Aquariums , directly in the water.
After they adsorb (not absorb) their limit ( which depends on the conditions and the CFM of the fan ) you can wash and dry them for repeated use , some suggest a microwave to dry others the oven. (not sure which is superior myself)

Your fan is just big enough to get the job done now , add a carbon filter and your underpowered. Even though your using just 1 led light being in the small confines of a cabinet or closet it calls for a lot of air exchange. You need to exchange your air many more times then 4 lights in a 10x10 room does in 5 minutes.

The carbon filter will need to have a large surface area to work with that fan (you may need two fans side by side) which is not that hard to design and make.

You could make a carbon panel filter the size of your closets floor space for instance , although built into the top. Some people make them out of 5 gallon buckets as well , that work very nicely / effectively.

Most important have fun , I know I did making my set up

( I have 20lbs of Coal based pellets en-route right now )

I decided to do the elbow for the light trap, thank you!

Sorry you kinda have to break your neck to look at it but here's a look for you guys so you have an idea of what I'm workin' with if you guys want any mote specific close ups of anything so you can give me a better opinion please let me know!
41239.jpg

How the fans lookin'. Surprisingly keeping everything nice and cool and I haven't even cut the hole for the intake yet. Yay
12737.jpg

Also don't mind the little cup, it' s just some bag shwag I decided to do a test run with to check the lights out while the closets being finished.

I bet others have tips but all I can think of at the moment is adding a second fan, of a smaller CFM design to the bottom of the closet.
Which will reduce the work the main fan has to do allowing it to push a few more CFM.

With Mylar or a equivalent on the inside she will be set to reflect
Looks like a nice tight design and build !

H-72"
L-20"
W-30"

I bought insulation at Home depot cut out pieces and lined the entire inside of the box with it I'm going to paint the insulation with elastomer I've never really heard of anyone using insulation as the walls for a grow space I figured it would make it easier to control climate? Am I dumb to think this?

I still also have a thermometer, interior snap on fan, and a couple other doo-hikys to mount

I have a PlatinumLED P300 hanging in there.
Got this cooltron axial fan for exhaust off amazon I cut a hole in the top right corner big enough so I could just take the fan and mount it from the inside of the closet.
FAN SPECS:

110 CFM,
AC120x120x38 (mm)
Speed Controllable
115V
47.30dBA
BALLBEARING.

I'll post pictures in a little so you all have a better idea of what everythings looking like.
This is my first project of this type so time to time I get a little overwhelmed and don't know what to do next so any suggestions, recommendations, or constructive cristisicm would be suuuper appreciated.

Is the insullation a no no?

I just mounted the axial fan last night,anyone have suggestions on what step I should take next to make this cabinet fully functional? Am I doing anything wrong? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.
I decided to do the elbow for the light trap, thank you!

Sorry you kinda have to break your neck to look at it but here's a look for you guys so you have an idea of what I'm workin' with if you guys want any mote specific close ups of anything so you can give me a better opinion please let me know!
41239.jpg
Ur grow is same size as mine 😂i call mine a micro grow it works for.me

Back
Top Bottom