First Journal With Multiple Strains

Tomuk17

Hi all this is my first journal so here goes, STRAINS: 4 Bruce banners 2 bad azz kush 1 cali orange. MEDIUM: Coco coir NUTES: Canna a+b, canna pk13/14,calmag,bigbud,canna flores. LIGHT: 250HPS SCHEDULE: GLR. So first off I would like to say that my 3 oldest Bruce banners which are in black pots are roughly 6 weeks old from seed and the cali orange in the green pot is roughly 6 weeks and then the 2 bad azz kush are roughly 3 weeks with the youngest banner which are at front as you can tell, any help here along the way would be grateful so pull up ya cheers and grow. @Ganjagrandaddy

great start Tom. Those girls will fill your space soon enough. canna is a great choice too. looks like you got it covered on the nutes side of things. What feed strength ppm , ph are you using and how often you feeding them ?.
looks like you will be doing some canopy managing to keep things level and evenly lit too.. The bruce reaches over 1.5 m if you leave it to go vertical. Mine was by far the tallest in the grow ( hulkberry , banner #3 pheno). heavy smoke and doesnt need too heavy feeds either. I am about to start a run of them from cloned mother and now see their need better from last experience.
good choice.

Tbh I've never measured ppm or ph and never really had any lockouts or anything like that, at the moment they are being fed 2ml/litre a+b for the oldest and 1ml litre for the youngest, every 3/4 days they are being fed at the moment with roughly 20% run off, I think I may have trained the banners a bit too early as they're abit to close to the Coco and one looks abit funny at the moment as it was topped but I accidentally broke the new top off one side but is definitely coming back stronger

sounds like you have been lucky not to have locked out but more to the point is max uptake of available nutes throughout the ph range. how do you know you cant get even better results with correct ph going into them.

I could probably get them to uptake more but I'm wanting to change lights next time round and so will buy pH meter next time round

without preaching mate , it is vital to know your range for uptake of all those expensive nutes that drain through , also if you go out of range and get burn or deficiencies , the damage wont repair and you could lose valuable surface areas to photo synthesise for fruit. i bought a cheapo ppm and ph meter together on amazon for about £10 and they do the job well. knowing how much feed and how much water is being taken also helps with hitting the "sweet spot" for your plants needs. She will reward you with more yield and quality. We put a lot of time and cash into our "hobby" , so the best results are our aim.
I am an HPS/MH dinosaur so use them with great results and cant bring myself to outlay £1000 on L.E.D,s that i can achieve with 2 x 600 w hps set up for about £75 a light. might be more to run but always pays for itself 10 fold and is still the Gold Standard of indoor grows so far. Equipment can reach stupid costs when it is mostly bells and whistles and very good advertising photos. Same on here too. It is so easy to think our own plants are lacking when you view the journals and pics of members buds when in reality it is down to good photos and perspective ( example below..) but when you do the same close up shots and use normal lights too , it is amazing to see ours look as good . Just a point i thought worth mentioning as it can be dis-heartening watching other peoples " trees " grow while we tend our Bonsai's.

Not one bud was much bigger than a thumb in these shots from my current harvest ( only the fallen buds as it was drying from diff plants)

Some nice looking nugs there mate, I understand what you are saying so may invest in pH meter and ppm meter but won't be for couple weeks though as struggling for money at the moment so that will have to wait as I have everything else I need, thanks for the info and input also any help is good help

Back
Top Bottom