First Marijuana Commercial Airs On TV

Randy Tomason is not living in the real world. I'm actually grateful when people like him making sweeping generalizations.

He makes a comment that is just as ridiculous and uninformed as any I've heard. Here is is: "What's next "medical heroin" or "medical cocaine".

Sorry Randy. Both of these drugs ARE already available to the medical profession and have been all along. Dentists can still buy and use cocaine as local pain killer.

Heroin has always been available for medical doctors, usually only in hospitals, for patients who have serious pain. Heroin is not actually the chemical that kills pain. Heroin is the delivery system. Heroin turns into morphine after only a few minutes in the body. Heroin is perceived as being more potent because heroin is the delivery system. Morphine is the painkiller in Heroin.

In fact diacetylmorphine is actually the chemical name for heroin.

So at the risk of being accused of alliteration I'd say "Randy is wrong". There is no "what's next" for either heroin or cocaine. They are already both available for medical use. Regardless this clearly tells us the caliber of education Mr. Randy has. He doesn't even know that both are available medically already.

It also goes to show when people set up websites to change public opinion -- they may know very little about the subject they are pushing -- even if they ARE on TV. LoL

Quote:

"A survey found 98% of medical marijuana users just want to get stoned" .....

So what?! Where's the issue?! Why is it a problem to want to feel good? Isn't that what we SHOULD be doing? That IS medical use isn't it? Physical or mental, MJ helps many many people feel better and be better people and always has.

Have to remember that TV is largely just a form of misinformation, control and fear-mongering. IMO. Rant over :)

Back
Top Bottom