First thread - Nitrogen toxicity and the effects it has on my grow

i have noticed two of the buds onthe smaller plant have deformed buds, two stalks and buds fused together. Im looking forward to seeing how they turn out.
As for the toxicity, that now looks a thing of the past and my girls are putting weight on.

Thanks, they still look behind but definitely improved. Upped the feed to 1000ppm yesterday, dont think i'll be going much higher

The plants are about to go into the 8th week of flower and they definitely look behind. Hopefully they fatten up in the next couple of weeks!
Other than that they are taking up feed nicely again so cant grumble to much.

just a quick one to wrap up this thread.
both plants are Finnished and both ended up with unusual bud formation and foxtiled in areas, but buds smell pungent and smoke is really tasty also still packs a punch. The yeild was definitely effected but im still more than happy considering the trouble i had.
The smaller of the two weighed in at 5.8oz dry
The larger took a week longer to Finnish and weighed in an 11.2oz dry.
overall im happy with this grow, i made a few mistakes but have learned a lot.
Nitrogen toxicity wasn't the end of the world for my plants and probably caused me more stress than it did them.
thanks to anyone who chipped in :peace:

I think that the hay smell is something you can avoid by correcting the problem now and flushing the crap out of them before harvest.

I don't understand what you are saying. The smell of hay is chlorophyll. It's something that you dry out of the plant when you cut it and hang it. :passitleft:

just a quick one to wrap up this thread.
both plants are Finnished and both ended up with unusual bud formation and foxtiled in areas, but buds smell pungent and smoke is really tasty also still packs a punch. The yeild was definitely effected but im still more than happy considering the trouble i had.
The smaller of the two weighed in at 5.8oz dry
The larger took a week longer to Finnish and weighed in an 11.2oz dry.
overall im happy with this grow, i made a few mistakes but have learned a lot.
Nitrogen toxicity wasn't the end of the world for my plants and probably caused me more stress than it did them.
thanks to anyone who chipped in :peace:
Have to unwrap this thread because
I've browsed the net all weekend regarding fixing Nitrogen toxicity during flower and your post is the only one with detailed info on everything start to finish, very valuable!
I'm posting here because I have ran into a VERY similar situation as yours, however the only thing I'm not sure is IF my girl is REALLY having the same problem as yours. Therefore here I am, asking for a little assistance.

Just passed Week 5 on this one Ak47 tree in coco in 3 gal pots.
Running a 400w hps in a tiny little tent so heat gets up to the 90s sometimes, however my airflow is p strong and I haven't seen any cupping/canoeing leaves.
Been watering at around 700ppm with runoff coming out to about 1000ppm(!!!)
Bud growth has been sort of slow and it looks really weird from up close.
And as you can see, waxy, dark green fan leaves, all the leaves on my bud/calyx are curled down.

So is this Nitrogen toxicity? Do you guys think I shud drop the N and only provide PK? Or just keeping the same ratio and lower the concentration?

Any help is appreciated!

IMG_20210624_005108.jpg

IMG_20210620_224122.jpg

IMG_20210620_224132.jpg

Back
Top Bottom