First Time Grow - Short Stuff #1 Auto

mrjbond

Hi Guys,

This is my first grow and after reading blogs/ Reviews/ youtube videos (interesting) I am ready to give it a shot!

Ive gone for the Short Stuff #1 Strain as I need to keep it short and sweet and fairly durable and forgiving. Bought from Dope Seeds the stats are below :

Type : Auto flowering Williams Wonder / Northern Lights No. 2 / Mexican Ruderalis
Height : 10 - 15 inches
Harvest : 8-9 weeks from seed
Yield : 14-36g per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
Effect : surprisingly strong hit
Potency : 7/10
Breeder: STITCH

When planted, it sprouts, grows a couple sets of leaves, then immediately and automatically begins flowering (males at about day 17, females at day 20). As a result, it is the quickest, most compact, and most discrete plant available.

Grow Area: Height 55cm - Width - 40cm - Depth 45cm
Lighting: 2X 40W CFL
(Petrified of burning the house down on a full 24/7 Cycle)
Grow Base - 50% Soil & 50% Compost
Watering - Everyother day - No Nutes (may keep it an organic grow - not sure)
Normal Tap Water (We have Triple Filtered water in our area)

Right...

Started the Germination process by glass of water and dropping the seeds in until they sank. Literally took 24hours and then wrapped them in papaer towls of which they started sprouting within 48.

POTTING DATE - 20th October + Watered
Todays date - 22nd Ocotber and already two have broken the surface and generic leaves growing (seems bloody quick)

Will continue to water every other day... unless anyone thinks otherwise?

PICS TO COME IN THE NEXT FEW HOURS (waiting for damn thing to charge!)

IMG_016216.JPG
IMG_016113.JPG
IMG_016021.JPG

Taken on an iphone - not best quality - nor is it the best little grow space, but it seems to be working and I just have to work with what Ive got!

I was curious to know at what stage to ad Nutes? Ive read a couple of posts that says wait until the she has a few more leaves coming off the stem. I know now isnt the time to use nutes but I woudl welcome any advice! thanks!

The lights are only about 2 inches away, but they still seem to be streaching! I just dont want them to stretch and hit the light and burn! bloody annoying! With regards to nutes, i have just been looking at ususal garden centre stuff! Ive not looked at the PH level or anything like that... like i said, im opretty new to all this and kinda winging it lol

So now ive moved the light closer to the plants to the point they are almost touching and already seen the growth height stop and the second set of fan leaves starting to grow! They have been on a "2 day no water" but this weekend I am going away so will give them a good drowning tonight and hopefully that will sail me through until Sunday!

Been looking at Nutes and Tiger Bloom seems to be a #1 choice, however im struggling to source it in the UK... any help or recommendations will be welcome!

Hey there, just droppin in with a word of luck, i just started a round of seedlings and had major stretch as well, i feel your pain. I have 2 85 watt cfl's for starts.

Hi Jdack - they are a little stretched but I am going to Transplant into bigger pots tonight and bury up to first set of leaves (read in a grow journal) so hopeully that will keep the height down!

cool, just be careful its not too soon.. ive heard that transplanting too soon can stunt them. ive gone from plastic bag to paper towel to rockwool to water bottle dwc, to foam bubbler on the same seeds, and they just now have their 3rd set of leaves. 2 weeks, i think.

Just thought i would stop by and say GOOD LUCK!! i am a newbie too! on my first grow :cheer: glad you moved the lights closer. Jdack you are right it can stunt growth if you transplant too soon and transplanting at all... the lil baby goes into shock from the new environment and can take up to 2 weeks till they re-coop

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Back
Top Bottom