First Grow, Short Plants

hey good news...that ls d seed actually grew! its on the first set of leaves that comes after the very first round leaf things...they look dumb why does cannabis have them instead of the regular leaf forming?i wish i could show the pictures but i still gotta get the stupid cable for my phone lol. thinkin bout findin some fucking incredible seeds,does anyone know the reliability of BCBudDepot? was advertised in hightimes but.....just wanna make sure. and does anyone also know of drgreenthumb? i checked the site out cuz his ad said he had an iranian autoflower thats supposed to be kick ass but i didnt find it on the site i did find some other appetizers though lol

Dr green thumbIs a great company to get off of. Well thats in my experience, just a lil pricey,, O.k..alota pricey, but great quality for sure. Cant say about BCBD. if you order form BCBD, let me know. I really am interested in some of their strains, just as skeptical as you though.

alrighty...ive been gone a long time and its been eventful...my three reg plants died and my ls/d seed actually grew but only to die because its root grew messed up because the seed got flipped over, and then the others just didnt germ :( i still have ice seeds and soon some violator kush (which i originally wanted to grow ls.d and violator kush) hey btw i read somethin that said that green crack is being called something else now to make up for its bad name, i think they should do that with the rest of the strains with bad names...anyway im going to start germing some ice while i wait on the violator kush...i really want these to germ, the customer reviews have plenty of people who had most of theirs germ and only like two people who had negative results like me so theres no reason for this! lol i just wish there was something i could do for the seeds to help, i dont have any rooting agents or anything special ill i got is bags, plates, tupperware(see thru) cups, and paper towels..

oh yea, ill haveq pics with these new ones i start...too bad my regs died cuz one was incredible! the other two were ok...one was kinda weird really bushy but kinda like a bonsai shape and then the other was just shitty :/ i tried lots of stuff but it turned out it had root rot, and a very bright red worm...not sure if thats a problem but it looked gross...i mean normal worms dont look sick like that lol

ive tried soaking them before but how long do i do it? what ive usually done is put them in a wet paper towel and put the towel in two plates so the seed is away from the light, cuz i read they cant have light when germing unless you just plant them immediately,but someone else said that they can have light when theyre germing...if i soak them tho dont i have to tap on them every so often to see if they sink or not?

I've soaked for 24 hours then placed em in a papertowel up in my cuboards til they popped. And it worked jsut a thought. Sorry for such a late reply, The holidays brought all the fams down, so for the last 2 weeks its been inlaw time..WOW..I'm alnost done..lol

yea i just got my violator kush, they are all female and i really want them all to pop but thats probly askin alot haha. i got like 6 ice seeds left im gonna try some different methods with them and use w/e i get the best results with. im really riding on that violator kush, it sounds amazing. but i just wanna make sure, while germinating the seen can not have light unless it has been planted already, correct? cuz ive kinda been confused about that. im gonna start very soon with the violator kush i gotta set up their new room and get a new batch of soil.ive got all that stuff taken care of mostly the hardest part seems to be this germination!

Alright second grow starting but since i actually know a good bit (been reading alot all of you guys and the community have been a great help) i didnt feel like making a new thread since this will be my first REAL grow. ive got everything set up but the soil and i didnt wanna fudge with that. and i have some spending money so im looking for some really good soil ive always heard foxfarm or ocean forest i think but w/e is better than miracle grow hahaha.so if some names of soil types and brands and at what kind of store or a specific store is possible and also where i could buy blood meal,worm castings, that extra crap, if info for that was left that would be GREAT and of course as always id greatly appreciate it. thanks so much everyone.

I've been using kellogs potting soil(yellow packaging) lately, great stuff imho. Home Depot 5 bucks. Contains all the right elements. I mix that with perlite, then after a few weeks of water, I start to add nutes. And as far as all the extra goodies goes, I get em at my hydro shop.

awesome! this is great ive goteverything now i just need the seeds to pop :) but im still hesitant i dont want them to rot or not pop but i dont know what to do you guysh ave already told me plenty and ive even messed around but i think it might be a heat problem im gonna germ some local fire and see if they pop if i put it in a warmer area.but any extra notes would be welcome.i wish there was a sure fire way to pop em

Hey ravager! I noticed you were concerned about grow height. have you considered an autoflowering strain?

And, just a helpful hint... punctuation and proper formatting make a world of difference. Your posts are a little hard to read ;-)

i wish there was a sure fire way to pop em

I've been told the best way to germ is to float your seeds in a shotglass full of water.

When they are no longer floating, they have absorbed enough water and you can take them out of the shotglass.

Place the seeds on a damp paper towel and fold over. Place this inside a ziploc bag.

Take a deep breath and blow a little air into the baggy.

This will give them some CO2 and additional moisture.

Place the ziploc bag in a shoebox.

Put the shoebox in a nice, warm spot. Let them sit in complete darkness in the shoebox for a good 24 hours before you check for tap roots.

heh sorry bongtastic i use all my grammar in school. Joking :) ill start cleaning it up a bit. and im definitely going to try that i never even thought about breathing for the Co2 but i was trying to think of what i could do that would help them, i wish i had some of those nice humidity trays for transplants and stuff that would help seeds to wouldn't it? just seems like it would, makes sense.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom