First Time Grower - Electric Propagator & When To Transplant?

BikerBear

Hi,

I'm a first time grower, and have started my seedlings in an electric propagator. I now have several seedlings about 3" tall. They all have their first set of leaves (cotyledons??). The propagator is in my window sill, as it's only source of light.

I now have a grow tent with heat lamp, 6500K DayLight bulbs, along with a red/blue LED grow bulb.

With all of that background info, when should I transplant my seedlings from the propagator? I'm concerned that they may be getting a bit "leggy".

Should I put the red/blue LED grow bulb over the top of the propagator now, until it's time to transplant???

Thanks in advance!

More light is always better up to the point of burning the plants. so yes put your grow light over your plants. I am not sure about this propagator (many people DIY stuff) so it is hard to tell. I can't even tell from your post if you are transplanting to a hydro system or soil but the sooner the better. The sooner it is in its final spot the better period all the way around as it helps longer term with a larger root mass. There are re-potting techniques that are great for plants that live longer than 3-4 months but don't really help quick turn cannabis. If you are talking hydro same answer get it in there. The sooner the roots can start growing in the medium it needs to be in the sooner they get out to the res or mist depending on what you are doing in hydro...Please do tell us you are starting you growing with a flood and drain table.

Hi VI, and thanks for your quick response...

Ok, I'll get them transplanted into their final pots and get them under the grow lights. They are going into soil; not hydroponics. They will be housed in a grow tent very similar to yours because I have inquisitive neighbors!

Thanks again!

P.S. Oregon here, too!

Back
Top Bottom