First time grower - Flowering problem - Pictures included

dre3ed

Hi everyone.
I hope you can give me some good adivce!

Seeds where germinated on the 2 of august 2015 from "Short ryder" 100% sativa strain on a 20/4 cycle.
On the 8th of september they began flowering 12/12 cycle. I have had a little problem here and there mainly lower leaves yellowing (not many) and then slowly being eaten up by the plant. But overall it has been ok so far.
As you can see from my picture, there is a few problems starting out, The top leaves seem to be browning a little and some lower leaves seem to be getting eaten, althought i did check and theres no creatures walking about, as far as i can see. My coco soil's PH is pretty high, when i stick the PH meter in the soil it registers at 8,5. I believe this is too high. I have the lights around 2cm away from the top of the plant. none of them are around the plant because i havent figured out how to do that yet in my little 50x50x100cm grow room.

growing medium:
Coco mix (9L pot) mixed with something called "PERLEKALK" its all i could find here but basicaly it raises the ph level and has a lot of magnesium in it.

fertiliser: Canna Terra Flores (fertilising once a week at ph at 5,8-6,2 as indicated on the bottle with around 5ML of fertiliser which i use around 500ML of in one feeding) I have also given the plant some "Lyles treacle once.
On the last two weeks of flowering i plan on using big bud fertiliser.

Watering: (3 times a week with water ph'd at 6)

Lights: In total there is 5 x 23W CFL and 2 X 45W CFL

Ventilation: There is one big ventilator blowing every 15 minutes for 15 minutes.

20150920_075301295_i_OS.jpg

20150920_075249712_i_OS.jpg

20150920_075309396_i_OS.jpg

Hey dr, im guessing light or nute burn...since your using cfls I doubt its that so maybe go easy on the ferts, only use 1/4 of the recommended strength then work your way up. Never give the plants the whole dose it says on the bottle, always start low. Hope that helps a bit. Good luck

Should I try to not feed them for a while then?
Just give them water PH'd at 6 for a week?

If you think you've been adding too much nutes then yes I think you should flush them with ph'd water for a while...im sure they'll be fine though, they look pretty healthy from the pics...just make sure you water right & they get enough light. happy growing buddy

So I flushed it with 6Liters of water for a pot that's 9Liters.
I understand that, I am suppose to use 27 Liters of water, I just thought that it was too much.
The run off wasnt 100% clear but the Ph was around 6 - 6,5
I'm going to start with that and hope for the best.
The pot slipped out of my hand and I almost broke the plant, one of the leaves was damaged and broke off.. so that's also pretty crap.
Hope I havent stressed the plant too much and die.

Now it's back in the light, with no nutrients added.
I should just let it dry out right? and then water it or feed it ?

So I flushed it with 6Liters of water for a pot that's 9Liters.
I understand that, I am suppose to use 27 Liters of water, I just thought that it was too much.
The run off wasnt 100% clear but the Ph was around 6 - 6,5
I'm going to start with that and hope for the best.
The pot slipped out of my hand and I almost broke the plant, one of the leaves was damaged and broke off.. so that's also pretty crap.
Hope I havent stressed the plant too much and die.

Now it's back in the light, with no nutrients added.
I should just let it dry out right? and then water it or feed it ?

Good stuff dre, one broken leaf won't affect it much so no worries. Yes just let it dry out & if you feel by looking at the plant that it could use a small dose of nutes after that then go ahead otherwise just use ph'd water.

Hello okay too mach N
Relax give only P-K + micro best ist to force hhhhhh
Oki. Bay monster bloom P-K 50-30. Only 1 smol spoon on 10L
After poot P-K 9-18 no 13-14 no good
Relax
DAT ist N toxic

Back
Top Bottom