First time grower making RSO looking for help with some questions please

smokedvw

Hi,

I am nearing the end of an outdoor grow and have a few questions on making RSO.

I plan to use pretty much my entire 4 plants for this. I will save a bit to smoke but the rest will go to rso.

So far I had to cut some of the plants to harvest due to mold.

I tried wet triming and washing in h202 solution. I then let those dry.

I also tried removing nothing and hanging. I found it a lot easier to deal with the wet trim VS dry but also both feel very dry and almost crumbly to the touch after a week.

Question 1)
When doing rso should I be using the entire plant essentially? Stems, fan leaves, buds etc? I want as much cbd in this as possible and will be making one sativa based and the other a hybrid base.

I'm just trying to see if I really need to cure it in jars after or just dry for a week then use a solvent to remove the THC and cbd and use a rice cooker to burn it down and store into a syringe. If I go this route of using the whole plant can the weed get too dry if let's say I harvest at different times and wait for larger batches to make the rso from? (1 week for some drung and 2 weeks for the older stuff?)
Sounds like you end up grinding it up in the solvent anyways so I'm not sure.

2) the reason I'm making RSO is because my favourite gummy edibles are rso based and I prefer these the most. My issue is will I have a hard time dosing these to about 10mg thc? Sounds like the syringe dose is half a grain of rice and super powerful. I'm sure in factories they have easier ways to dose it.

I was going to get a large gummy tray and put a bit in each and make gummies. Not sure if these will be too strong for me though.

Thank you

Hi,

I am nearing the end of an outdoor grow and have a few questions on making RSO.

I plan to use pretty much my entire 4 plants for this. I will save a bit to smoke but the rest will go to rso.

So far I had to cut some of the plants to harvest due to mold.

I tried wet triming and washing in h202 solution. I then let those dry.

I also tried removing nothing and hanging. I found it a lot easier to deal with the wet trim VS dry but also both feel very dry and almost crumbly to the touch after a week.

Question 1)
When doing rso should I be using the entire plant essentially? Stems, fan leaves, buds etc? I want as much cbd in this as possible and will be making one sativa based and the other a hybrid base.

I'm just trying to see if I really need to cure it in jars after or just dry for a week then use a solvent to remove the THC and cbd and use a rice cooker to burn it down and store into a syringe. If I go this route of using the whole plant can the weed get too dry if let's say I harvest at different times and wait for larger batches to make the rso from? (1 week for some drung and 2 weeks for the older stuff?)
Sounds like you end up grinding it up in the solvent anyways so I'm not sure.

2) the reason I'm making RSO is because my favourite gummy edibles are rso based and I prefer these the most. My issue is will I have a hard time dosing these to about 10mg thc? Sounds like the syringe dose is half a grain of rice and super powerful. I'm sure in factories they have easier ways to dose it.

I was going to get a large gummy tray and put a bit in each and make gummies. Not sure if these will be too strong for me though.

Thank you

Use the flower and sugar leaves only. Dried should be OK, but check 'Run from the Cure.' You don't need to grind up the plant material.

Getting the exact, or almost so, dosing requires access to a lab or test equipment. Your best bet is to make an educated guess as to the potency of your oil, and work from that. As an example to make a 20 gummy test batch:

20 X 10mg THC = 200 mg THC (10mg is the dose you want)
200 mg / 0.75 = 267mg oil (guesstimated strength of oil = 75% THC)

Make a batch of 20 gummies using 267mg of your oil, and test them to see if you got it right. Adjust the guesstimate of the oil's potency if needed, and either make your entire batch or another test batch.

Note that every time you extract the oil, the potency may change. You'll need to go through this procedure for every batch of oil. You can store your unused oil in the refrigerator, and use the potency you found for your next batch of gummies.

Back
Top Bottom