First time grower needs some advice

danber

I just started my first grow, using a DR60 grow tent with a 250w HPS.
The strain I'm growing is a cross between DJ Shorts old time moonshine and Grapefruit Fly (mosca), the breeder calls it Sweet Tooth. Supposed to be a very stable and quick strain with medium yield.
My seedlings are now 11 days old, and the leaves are hanging a bit and looks kinda weird. Or is it just because they are still young?
I don't think i have over- or under watered them, I'm using a light seedling soil with 20% perlite right now. The temperatures is 26-30c (78-86F)

Never grown before, so mistakes will be made

I will take some better pictures later. The leaves are definitely more lime green.
I haven´t given them any nutes, and unfortunately i don´t know the pH. I have ordered some pH-papers but the package still haven´t arrived.

EDIT: Okei, this is kinda embarrassing. I have misunderstood my Hygrometer a bit, no need for further explaining on that one. But the humidity has been around 20-25. And i know that´s way to low for seedlings. I´m going to try and raise the humidity, and see what happens then.

You want from 20°-30° Celsius and 50%-70% humidity fro vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. I would use a cool mist humidifier either in your grow area or the area where your intake air come from.

those papers are kinda hard to judge but it better than nothing for soil you want a ph around 6.5
they might need some nutes you should start at 1/4 strength and work your way up
if your ph is off the plant wont take up nutrients and then they can build up in the soil and become toxic

Nutrient_Chart3.gif

Back
Top Bottom