Re: First time growing! unknown seeds, going well

week 4 flowering

DSC_06024.JPG

DSC_05934.JPG

DSC_05992.JPG

DSC_0591.JPG

buds seems very tiny and not dense.

Your girls look healthy :goodjob: but as others have mentioned; your not going to achieve very dense buds with that amount of light. Can you add some splitters? That way you can at least fit 2 bulbs in each socket. Some side light would also help those lower bud sites. I would look into training your next grow so you can fit more light into your space. Remember, with cfl`s the closer the light the better!

week 4 flowering

DSC_06024.JPG

DSC_05934.JPG

DSC_05992.JPG

DSC_0591.JPG

buds seems very tiny and not dense.

It's still early days, friend! Just wait it out and you'll see the results. :thumb:

But remember, a little more light won't hurt especially during flowering. And get those CFLs AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE! :Namaste:

thank you both !:love:
ima try getting them a bit more close to cfs couse i don't got any more space to add more cfls,
would be good to cut all fan leaves? and leave only leaves near buds, would help them to get more light ?
and could u make hash from all fan leaves?:peacetwo:

thank you both !:love:
ima try getting them a bit more close to cfs couse i don't got any more space to add more cfls,
would be good to cut all fan leaves? and leave only leaves near buds, would help them to get more light ?
and could u make hash from all fan leaves?:peacetwo:

The CFLs really aren't hot, so I'd even try getting it a less than 10cm/2-3 inches away from the tops. Even if there is a little bit of burn on the leaf tips, that's how you know to back off a little. :)

Opinions on defoliating (cutting off fan and other leaves) vary greatly. Many people say that the plants should be left to grow naturally and the only way they can get enough energy to grow is to have every single fan leaf photosynthesizing throughout the grow. Others chop off literally every leaf they can see and claim to have better yields. I am not sure which technique is better, and most other people only have opinions, not a true answer.

What I can suggest is to remove any dead/dying leaves as well as any leaves that cover bud sites which cannot be bent/tied down instead. The more light to your buds the better, but leaves are important too in my opinion.

As for making hash, yes, you could. :circle-of-love: But it really depends on your extraction technique. Dried leaves can be made into BHO (Butane Honey Oil) or even cannabutter/oil just by simple heating. Just realise that you'll need a LOT of leaves to get a decent amount of hash, especially if going for a simple method like stove-cooking the THC out of the leaves. Definitely worth the effort if you do it right though! :love: :thumb:

Thanks that's all I wanted to know:high-five:, i will only remove dead/dying leaves

i will keep update every week with pics til harvest,:thanks:

Like yourhighness said, defoliating is a matter of opinion. I have seen great results in yield by those who defoliate. Personally I rather just tuck my leaves out of the way if they are blocking light to bud sites. As far as your leaves go, i use leaves and trim to make bubble hash. Your return isn't as much as using buds but you will get something!

ima leave them for now. before harvest with 2-3 days ima cut them all,:thanks:

Like yourhighness said, defoliating is a matter of opinion. I have seen great results in yield by those who defoliate. Personally I rather just tuck my leaves out of the way if they are blocking light to bud sites. As far as your leaves go, i use leaves and trim to make bubble hash. Your return isn't as much as using buds but you will get something!

Mmmmmmmm, bubble hash. :circle-of-love:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom