First Time Outdoor Grow In BC

sekret pker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, This year im going to try a couple of small plots with 5-7 plants at two different areas. I found an unopened bucket of: Plant Prod-All Purpose Fertilizer (20-20-20). On the box it says is is a "concentrated water soluble fertilizer with micronutrients. I know im supposed to only do 1/4th or 1/3rd of the recommended fertilizer per litre of water, but how often should i water the plants using these fertilizers? And how often with just regular water? I will be growing in Kamloops, British Columbia, so it's quite dry, and the ground has some clay in it. Would i need to mix potting soil in with some of the regular dirt thats already there? Whats the best brand and how much will it cost? Will classic old miracle grow work?
Also, how big should each hole be? I am planning to start them on cups right outside my house, then once they are big enough, i will plant them in the soil at my grow spot.
Also, since im slightly low on money at the moment. are there any other fertilizers that are absolutely needed for the succesful growth of the plant?
I read online that the last frost in Kamloops is around May 1st, so how far after that should i start my seeds in cups?

after a month of regular growing you can start feeding. i usually do once or twice every 2 weeks, your plants will do the best ob of telling you when to feed. watering really depends on your environment, since you said its real dry plan on watering every 3 days or so.
for clay heavy soil, mixing in sand or perlite will help with draining. the best soil is from fox farm and will cost upwards of 20 bucks a bag. you can do fine with regular potting soil. as for miracle grow soil, it has been known to burn seedling placed directlly in it. try mixing MG with some non fertilized soil.
for the size of the hole, depending on how big you think your plant will get, aim for 5-10 gallons worth. you might be able to get away much less. fertilizers arent a nessicity but will vastly improve your yield. regular miracle grow will work.
you can plant anytime after you last frost, keep up to date on your local forcast and base planting around that.
i think ive answered all the questions, if youve got anymore ust holla. im go eat some bbq

Back
Top Bottom