FIRST TIMER .HEAT PROBLEMS ..arghhh

ihate1

hey ...help...im a rookie ...i built a an 8x8x8 room in my garage ...its insulated ....air tight..i have an rv door on it...i have it set up with 2 1000 watt hps vented hoods that the exhaust fan circulates through as well as a carbon filter..im only running one lamp right now...i have an intake fan pumping air from outside about four inches from the floor ..i have a 10000 btu portable ac that has its own 6 inch exhaust separate from the exhaust fan .i also have some oscillating fan circulating and moving air..i cant get the room to stay in the seventies past 3 oclock with the recent weather being in the 90 s..i start my veggies day at 1 pm ..but the room is always reaching 80 - 86 and i cant bring it sown....until late evening....please help...

80-86 is fine for me, as long as it don't go over 90... I am a rookie as well, but thought to try to help. Now when you turn the other light on it will cause it to go over. I would just get another carbon filter to more air out.

thats pretty much what im afraid of .when i get the other light going..will it get worse? not only that ,the ac has to be on the entire time..another carbon filter ?does that help?or do you mean another exhaust line?i appreciate the feed back...

Yea when you get the other light going it will get worse. You will have to have more ventilation. Depends on how big the carbon filter is. If its to small and you add another fan and it sucks or blows air out to much for the carbon to handle the carbon would be useless and would stink up your room. So, I said another carbon filter cause it would be a differ carbon filter and a fan on it and wouldn't over work the carbon in the other one.... Thats my go at it...

two thousand watts seems like a bit much for that closet anyway. The 1000's put off a lot more heat than a 600 or 750 which would put out close to the same amount of light. What about a couple 600's?. The switch to night would definitely help too.

A switch to 600's would be better but that's a cost some can't afford. The 600 is the most efficient light. Ventilation is your only cure. Maybe another ac? I have a 4x5x7 room with 1 1k hps and a light rail and my temps stay at 90 during the hottest part of the day but this is when lights are off too. It gets to triple digits her all summer long on a normal basis. I too have a 10000btu portable.

i would ask where your ac unit is ? bottom or top and if you ac is in a room then in an icsalated box the ac is not going to work at its best because an ac unit also puts off heat so if it is hot as hell out side the box thats not going to help the inside temps
i had this problem my ac over heated and turned its self off because is was in a box coolin another box lol not what it was made to do if you can get an outside air supply fanning the ac unit temps may drop also if the outside air is cool it helps the box cool down
i am a first timer also but i have fixed my problem with heat now my leafs are yellowin could this be the PH levels fucked up????
i never delt with ph before
but i put my box outside where my ac can get fresh air it is hard for a hot ac to produce cold air lol
hope this helps and hope someone can help me with my yellowin plants

Back
Top Bottom