FL: Venice Doctor To Open Medical Cannabis Clinic

Katelyn Baker

Sarasota Co., Fla. — A doctor from Venice plans to open what he calls a "groundbreaking" medical practice in January that coincides with a new law involving marijuana.

The Compassionate Cannabis Clinic of Venice (CCC) is scheduled to open its doors the first week of January and will begin to schedule appointments in mid-December. But what is it about the new CCC clinic that will make it so "groundbreaking"?

According to Patrick DeLuca, executive director of the clinic, CCC will provide patients with the option of cannabis therapy or medical marijuana treatment within the guidelines of Florida law for a wide variety of chronic illnesses.

The new clinic will be operated by Dr. Barry M. Gordon who has been in practice since 1981. Dr. Gordon is an Ohio State University College of Medicine graduate and is a board-certified Emergency Medicine physician licensed to practice in both Ohio and Florida. He has also worked in some of the nation's premier trauma centers, including the Cleveland Clinic.

"My practical experience coupled with my own scientific research has enabled me to offer a unique approach in care to my patients," says Dr. Gordon. "I feel a responsibility in both providing the appropriate education and allowing my patients to live a better quality of life without the sometimes-harmful effects of conventional pharmaceutical prescriptions."

The opening of the clinic takes place the day before Amendment 2 will be placed into effect on Jan. 3rd. The new Amendment permits the use of medical marijuana for patients with debilitating conditions.

"We have a duty to our patients and the public to advocate and educate for the use of medicinal cannabis therapy," says Patrick DeLuca, the clinic's Executive Director. "We plan on being deeply involved within the growing movement in the United States to end prohibition."

"Just as the overwhelming majority of voters in Florida demonstrated their belief in the many benefits of cannabis therapy on November 8th, as a healthcare professional I am deeply committed to providing patients with an option to compassionately ease their suffering," says Dr. Gordon.

Compassionate Cannabis Care of Venice will be located within the Lake View Office Park on Commercial Court just west of the city of Venice.

Capture196.PNG

News Moderator: Katelyn Baker 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Venice Doctor To Open Medical Cannabis Clinic
Author: Staff
Photo Credit: None Found

Back
Top Bottom