FloraSun 600w HPS Bulb - Webhydro.com

Truth Seeker

High Everyone,

Well it’s that time again, time for another review. At the beginning of March I had made contact with Michael over at Webhydro.com inquiring about an HPS bulb that I was looking at. He was very prompt with the reply and had informed me that they were discontinuing the bulb for some reason or another, but had asked if there was any other bulbs that I was considering. I then looked at a different bulb that showed about the same specs as the bulb that I had been originally looking at. He got my shipping info and was preparing to have the bulb shipped, when 2 days later he writes me again. They had gotten word that the bulbs that I had been originally looking at were actually in back order and was going to be getting them in very soon, he had asked me if I still wanted to check out the bulb that was new and improved from the previous versions of the bulb. The bulb that I had been looking at was the FloraSun HPS 600 watt bulb, and he was willing to send me the bulb in exchange for sponsor review. He had told me that he will have the manufacture send it out straight to me, well somewhere along that line, something got mixed up and my bulb never came, after about a week of expected delivery, I made contact with Michael again, he was shocked that I still had not received the bulb after 2 weeks, not to mention that they had received the bulbs and already had them in stock. So he did justice by getting that bulb sent out to me right away, even sent me the tracking number as soon as he had sent it for delivery. They do make you a high priority when something goes wrong. So rest assure, you will be taken care of with Webhydro.com.

WH_R2.jpg

Exactly 5 days later, I am holding in my hands, a 600w HPS HID bulb from FloraSun. When you open the package, you can see that they make sure that the bulb stays still in the package. The package showed signs of carelessness on UPS’s end, the bulb and it’s box stayed right in the middle of the abuse happening outside of it’s cozy packaging as it was wrapped in about 3 – 4 feet of bubble wrap and then paper packed around it. As I opened the bulb’s box and retrieved the bulb out, I could see that this bulb had some modern technology in it. This is a heavy duty bulb that puts out approximately 92,000 lumens with a higher Red spectrum of lighting than any of the bulb. This bulb has a thick glass surrounding the arch tube, which in itself the arch tube is pretty stable, light movement when shook lightly. This bulb fires up so fast, I kick on the ballast and within the minute, the bulb has gotten to it’s max output and the plants love it. The first day the plants were introduced from CFL to this HPS, they didn’t react to bad but not great either. Day 2, different story, when the light kicked on the plants were standing at attention waiting for the light, from then on, they have been pistoling the most I have ever seen. It has now been 24 days since I first put in the bulb and it is still firing beautifully and as bright as day 1. The only issue that I feel was an issue was the heat, but a simple table top fan took care of that problem. I don’t have a reflector that has the hook ups for the inlines, I have a basic wing style reflector. I point the fan directly at the bulb and I am able to keep my hand about a good 10 inches away from it for a good minute without burning my hand. I have the light about 14 inches away from the top of the canopy and I have no heat issues with the plants. This bulb does run a little hot, but nothing that can’t be handled with a simple fan, the fan keeps the canopy at a comfortable 76 – 78 degrees, a few days after I got the light setup, my fan went out on me, the only back up fan I had was a simple window fan that I just pointed at the bulb, and still was able to keep the temps at 80.

WH_R1.JPG

So if your looking for your next HPS bulb, check out Webhydro.com and their selections of bulbs. Not only is there the FloraSun 600w, but there is also 400w and 1000w in the FloraSun. I now highly recommend the FloraSun brand as you won’t have any major issues to deal with. Michael has been so nice as to setup a coupon code for our 420 Members which entitles you to a 5% discount. The coupon code is 420Mag. I noticed that there is a special going on for a buy 1 get 1 free deal on these bulbs. Thank you again Mike @ Webhydro.com for the bulb.

:peacetwo:

So it has been a few months since your original review. Have you had the joy of growing with this lamp yet? How did the grow go if so? Compared to an eye hort? Tired of spending 250 on bulbs every other grow since mine is for personal use only and I am not making anything back off my time.

Hi Shankin,

This review was after the bulb had been used in a whole flowering cycle. it went for 60+ days for 12 hours and then I took it over to a friend of mines house and he used it for his flowering cycle as well. He went 67 days I think it was.

This bulb has done an amazing job, and when properly cooled, it doesn't even get that hot, I had a fan, just a table fan, blowing on it and I was able to put my hand about 6 inches to the bulb without burning me, I felt the heat, just didn't burn.

I totally recommend this bulb. Again at the time of the review, there was a special going on of Buy 1 get 1 free! Now I just went to the site to check if it is still going, but they have this bulb at a reduced price! $39.84!

I might have to jump on that deal!

:peacetwo:

So it has been a few months since your original review. Have you had the joy of growing with this lamp yet? How did the grow go if so? Compared to an eye hort? Tired of spending 250 on bulbs every other grow since mine is for personal use only and I am not making anything back off my time.

Back
Top Bottom