Florida: Medical Marijuana Supporters Speak Out, Five Places Chosen For Growing

Jacob Redmond

The debate over medical marijuana is heating back up in Florida. State health officials recently selected five places, including Southwest Florida, to grow, process and distribute non-euphoric medical marijuana for a select group of sick patients. Many people locally continue to reap the benefits of medical marijuana.

"When she has it she's better, when she doesn't have it she starts getting sick," said Bob Jordan, a supporter of medical marijuana.

Back in 1986 Jordan's wife Kathy was diagnosed with ALS also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. Smoking medical marijuana daily or cannabis as the Jordan's call it, has made a big difference in her life.

Years ago Kathy Jordan was given 3 to 5 years to live, 30 years later she's still going strong.

"It relaxes my muscles and helps keep my lungs clear," said Kathy Jordan, "that's why I insist on smoking it."

Rick Weigand is still coping with serious injuries he suffered in a motorcycle crash back in 1975. After eating 3 to 4 pieces of candy filled with cannabis daily, he says he feels like a new person.

"My pain levels are down to manageable," said Weigand, "am I pain-free no, will I ever be no...I'm grateful for where it is, I don't have the side effects, I have an appetite."

Now that these five businesses have been given the green light from the state, they must dispense the non-euphoric medical marijuana within 210 days, meaning it could be available within the next year.

Opponents of medical marijuana say that it is too dangerous to use and it lacks FDA-approval. Bob Jordan says that he has the answer that would solve a lot of problems.

"Just flat out legalize it, that would stop all this medical stuff," said Jordan.

15071.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Medical Marijuana Supporters Speak Out, Five Places Chosen For Growing
Author: Rick Adams
Photo Credit: Ben Mikesell

Opponents of medical marijuana say that it is too dangerous to use and it lacks FDA-approval.

I'm just sick and tired of these people making this statement, what danger? Cannabis is not nor has it ever been "dangerous" plus, there are so many drugs out there that you can get right over the counter that are not "FDA-approved" and the only reason Cannabis is not "FDA approved" is because Cannabis has been unjustly kept by the federal government as a schedule 1 drug all these years.

I'd like to know who these so called "Opponents" are and invite them to give ANY proof that Cannabis is now or ever has been dangerous in any way shape or form. Just because someone spouts off at the mouth without the facts to back up their claims doesn't make them qualified to make claims that wind up being posted in news stories like this one. I mean, I can claim that pigs can fly or that my dog can actually speak English, but without hard solid proof to back up these claims, I don't think it will make it to the front page of the Times, so before these news writers use terms like "dangerous" to describe Cannabis, they need to question the credibility of these so called "Opponents" first!

There's another big issue with this story here as well; These people who are so called "speaking out" said NOTHING about the fact that only a small hand full of places are going to have exclusive rights to cultivate their Cannabis thus monopolizing the market for Cannabis in Florida. They only seemed to want to speak out about their ailments and that Cannabis helps with their symptoms but said NOTHING about the way their officials are handling the issues of distribution for their medication. Come on Floridians, where is the outrage about this?

Also, where is the outrage about only being able to get low THC high CBD strain meds as well? Guys, if y'all just sit back and let this happen and say nothing, then I'm sorry to say that your only hurting yourselves in a big way. Y'all really need to start a dialog with your officials about these things and that their way doesn't work for y'all, it's just a band-aid solution that's going to fail and many people are still going to suffer from these poor decisions.

Back
Top Bottom