Flowering at 6 Inches

Re: Flowering at 6 INCHES.

You've got a stress phenotype being expressed for 3 branches at each internode. It's pissed because it was getting hormones it knew it shouldn't have been yet, and instead of producing flowers, you got three inflorescences at each branch instead.. Likely auxin levels shot up with the gibberlin and florigen. Hormones can do weird shit to a plant when it isn't expecting it, and some genes are only activated it times of emergency stress. Going into 12/12 before it's sexually mature causes that.

On the upside thou.. That'll give you more leaf surface area so effectively, you're plants getting the same amount of photosynthesizes as it would if it was 13 1/2" tall. :)

That's an interesting phenotype thou.. I can't say I've seen that anywhere else.

Were the seeds F1 strains?

You sure know your stuff! :) Not sure if it's an F1, but the strain is a Jack Herer. I got them from: Jack Herer Marijuana Seeds - cannabis cup winning seeds I didn't know about attitude or I would have ordered from them.

But thanks for all that helpful info on what's going on with the plant.

I read... a lot. I'm into science, and believe it or not.. I've only grown one plant. ;)

:thumb: Research pays off. :surf:

ya you can start a plant on 12/12 an get an ounce on it

I got a hempy that I started from 12/12. She has 10 branches and the center cola. I guess I was supposed to trim the lat. branches b4 they began to grow, but I am using cfl's and I didn't think I could achieve enough light on the main cola to make it substantial. I've since realized how to get it done but she has some nice sized nuggs on all of the side branches and the cola is full for about 8". I hope to get close to an ounce but not sure since this is my second grow. first was a DWC grow.

You can start 12/12 anytime ect but from what I have found is,
If I do 12/12 from seed then I usealy see hairs at 20+ days ect...
But this time I vegged for 10 days first,then switched 12/12...first hairs came on 17 day...I think they just take longer,the sooner u flower...
Cuz I have seen lots of people veg their plants out for 2 months,and then by day 7 they already have small buds ect,crazy...lol:)
As for size,Iv done it twice so far and both times I topped the plants when there very first bud apeared on the tops...so they never get tall but every time I get a huge bud on top and a couple side buds ect...vegging longer would defently increase harvest!

You can start 12/12 anytime ect but from what I have found is,
If I do 12/12 from seed then I usealy see hairs at 20+ days ect...
But this time I vegged for 10 days first,then switched 12/12...first hairs came on 17 day...I think they just take longer,the sooner u flower...
Cuz I have seen lots of people veg their plants out for 2 months,and then by day 7 they already have small buds ect,crazy...lol:)
As for size,Iv done it twice so far and both times I topped the plants when there very first bud apeared on the tops...so they never get tall but every time I get a huge bud on top and a couple side buds ect...vegging longer would defently increase harvest!

My 12/12 showed sex on day 20 as well. I have read that vegging for over 6weeks will allow plant to show sex. I think when we flower before plants shows sex on its own it's called force flower, and I've read that some force flowering not to flower but to determine sex, get rid of males, and re veg her for a few weeks to help increase the yield. I repotted one that I had vegged for roughly two and a half weeks and placed into flowering a week ago and it looks good, nice tight spacing between nodes about 11'' tall, I hope to know sex of this one by the weekend. When you top your girl you are doing this to keep height down? I tried topping on my first grow and I ended up with a lot of tops to contend with in my dwc. Apparently my technique was wrong first time and all. But I ended up with 8 4' tall tops and three slightly shorter ones. I was surprised how the other branches grew to an almost even canopy, but I had no room since she was in a 5 gal bucket. Two of my tops were tickling my filter in the tent. I kinda want to just grow one out regular no cutting pulling or tying just to see what it looks like. lol. What a joy it is to be learning and grow your own medicine:cheer::tokin:

i started flowering some kandy kush at 10 inches and they shot up to over 4 ft when complete
023107.JPG

It depends on the strain. An example is from an acquaintance that grew Clever Man, an indica strain, on a 12/12 cycle from seed and the single colas were 24-30" tall and yielded an average of 42 grams per plant under a 400 watt HPS.

i don't believe this!

i seed wouldn't grow for shit on a 12/12 cycle,,,but once a plant is growing, you can change it to bud by going 12/12 .... and plants grow ALOT better under a MH,,, HPS is for flowering,,

From experience you can finish with either light spectrum but get better results if you finish with hps. I grew my last crop under 250 watt hps only, it turned out wonderful.The pic to prove it is in this thread .

Well I use to run a SOG aeroponic system. So I was taking my clones and veg them for 2-3 weeks to when they were 8" at which point I put them into flower. Now my question is are you growing from seed to 6" or are they a clone and if so how old was the donor plant. If it from a clone then there is very good chance that your 6" plant has some maturity. That being said, my plants at 8" would yield a little over 1/4 of DRIED bud as BlackTurboTeg it will be 1 large bud. Think about having a 1/4oz. single bud....LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

Re: Flowering at 6 INCHES...

you can bud at any height, I got a plant that is 8" inches and has close to an oz on it. So yeah you can bud at any height.

I got two plants flowering right now and both below 2". I wanna finish at 5" with 1-2 oz per plant. It can be done, it's called LST :)

I have a beautiful plant at home also about 6 inches and she is now in her flowering stage for almost 5 months!,,, she keep staring to bud and then it all dies but then like a week later comes back again...
I do live in south africa... where it is very hot temp. reach up to 36°C and higher

Do any of u have some advise I can follow to try an

Back
Top Bottom