Flowering Peppers

Anyone know how many hours of darkness habenero pepper plants require per day in order to flower?

Also... If there is much variance in the requirement between different types? Got one that's a cross between Anaheim(sp?) and something I cannot remember (only that it was hotter, but not a scorcher).

Not really concerned about the rest of them, but I'd like to flower those two. They're in small pots houseplant style.

Oh, and everyone always told me that salt was the best thing to pour on slugs. Turns out that hydrochloric acid works pretty good too, lol.

Habanero peppers, or all peppers for that matter, are stimulated by 12/12 but will only flower at the correct age. I had some finish at 75 days just last week outdoors, and we have 14 hours of daylight right now, so age is the largest factor.. These are going to be winterized under shop lights and I'll be following 12/12 until they go back out in the spring. And as for requirements go, I've used 1/4 strength neptunes harvest once a week in otherwise barren soil and they've been happy all the way through.

Favorite slug killer: cut the top off of a beer and have the opening level with the ground or with a dirt ramp up to it. Slugs can smell it, and they'll flock to it. Just replace once a week. Just a warning the pile at the bottom of the can is disgusting.

Back
Top Bottom