Flowering stretch with many colas

John1961

I have a question about the growth spurt that occurs during the first few weeks of flowering.

I know that one should expect an increase of height of anywhere between 50% and 100% or more, depending on the strain, growing conditions, etc.

For the purpose of discussion, let's say you have a single plant that you carefully scrogged for about two months before flipping the lights to 12/12. Due to the SCROG, you ended up with 13 "primary" colas and perhaps a dozen more "secondary" bud sites. At the time of flip, all branches / stems were at or just under the SCROG net.
Fast forward four weeks later (day 30 of flowering). The 13 primary colas have only grown about 5 inches, on average, above the net. The dozen other bud sites have grown between 1 and 2 inches above the net. The plant is quite bushy and healthy for the most part. All of the flowers are beginning to bulk up.

Now my question: Normally, I would have expected a great deal more growth during the initial weeks after the flip to 12/12 but as I mentioned above, the plant only gained about five inches overall on average.

Is the relatively little height increase due to the number of colas this single plant is trying to feed? In other words, is it correct to assume that a single plant with one, two, or four colas is going to stretch a lot more than one with 13 colas?

I think it has to do with veg time and strain. The longer you veg, the less she'll stretch. Plus a little defol can help Skye stretch. My first plant did that, and it was a scrog. Everything else I've grown stretched normal. Sorry if that don't help

Hey Peyton I'm glad you are on this forum thanks for only netting me 2.7 points in my fantasy league. Cost me first place. Lol. But Peyton is spot on more veg less stretch. But try and still keep them somewhat short while vegging.

Back
Top Bottom