Flush before Dolomite Lime?

Dabrat

I am having about every problem you can have from the plant abuse chart....thinking its a nutrient lockout due to ph but still havent got my milwaukee tester yet to see so I got some lime.Now should I flush a couple times first before watering with lime or use the lime in the water while flushing the nutes?

Promix soil in 8" pots approx. 6 weeks old in veg under 400 watt MH bulb.Dont want them to die on me.Also the last feeding I have since noticed the yellow tips on the new growth so I want to flush the nutes and reset the ph and start feeding again later before flowering.I want to get more height before flowering as they are only about 8" tall and I have over 5 feet of height for them.

I'd use the lime in the water while flushing.

It needs to be watered in well anyway, if not mixed in beforehand. Kill 2 birds ...

DD

How much lime do you think I should use? Its in a 2kg box and its little pellets that dissolve in warm water

How much lime do you think I should use? Its in a 2kg box and its little pellets that dissolve in warm water

Can't you find any powdered?

Limestone is ground up ROCK. It doesn't dissolve. It may 'suspend' in the water, the finer it is, but not really dissolve.

Use 2tbl/gallon of mix, or, 1cup/cf of mix. Don't know metric conversions, but it's hard to over do lime.

DD

Thanks DD...I flushed them with the lime and then with just plain water.I will give it a week or two and see if anything changes before I start to feed with nutes again.It was hard just finding the lime I found.I dont have a hydro store or anything like that near me.Closest things are wally world, Home Depot, Crappy Tire etc......

HD, Lowes and the like usually have the powdered with or near the pelletized and usually in 40# (~20kg), bags. $10 or less.

DD

Back
Top Bottom