Former Bucks Great Oscar Robertson Invests In Ohio Marijuana Initiative

Jacob Redmond

Former Milwaukee Bucks great Oscar Robertson is listed as an investor in a for-profit marijuana ballot initiative in Ohio, according to the Columbus Dispatch.

Robertson, who was an all-American at the University of Cincinnati, said he invested in ResponsibleOhio because he believes in the need for medical marijuana.

"It's a terrible feeling when you can't help someone suffering from cancer or another debilitating medical condition – I know from personal experience. But medical marijuana can give our loved ones relief. I'm part of ResponsibleOhio because I want to be part of making this change a reality," Robertson said.

The ResponsibleOhio proposal would ask Ohio voters this November to decide if the state should legalize marijuana for personal and medical use and create 10 growing centers around the state, funded by Robertson and the rest of the group of investors who contribute to the campaign. The group also includes Frostee Rucker of the National Football League.

Robertson played for the Bucks from 1970-1974.

1ablog-oscarrobertsonx-large_original_crop_north.jpg

News Moderator: Jacob Redmond 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Former Bucks great Oscar Robertson invests in Ohio marijuana initiative
Author: Journal Sentinel staff
Photo Credit: USA Today
Website: Milwaukee and Wisconsin News, Sports, Weather, Business, Opinion, Investigative Reporting | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Back
Top Bottom